Rombout Monday Message
Monday, February 27th, 2023
Moving Into March
The 5-Week Progress Report Mark for Quarter 3 is this Friday, 3/3/23. Use this link to view the Teacher/Staff Extra Help Times if you would like to set up a time to meet with a specific teacher for extra support. As always, we recommend scheduling the time with your teacher beforehand so that they may prepare for you coming for extra help.
Use this link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vRcJj0RrwUSrl54VLs7x1q64Yniw0OMyrLoZFPGGgqDRNKtZUp3YH4udAaGjcxiaQ/pub?urp=gmail_link
Have a great Monday!
E-Mail from Dr. Landahl regarding Mental Health Supports
Dear Beacon Community:
This is Matt Landahl from the Beacon City School District with a non-emergency update. We wanted to let everyone know that our mental health support teams at every school will be ready to work with any student who needs support from Friday. We will be providing Rombout Middle School with extra mental health support for students who need that Monday and next week. Please contact the school office on Monday if you have questions about how to access this support. I hope everyone is having a good weekend!
2/27 - Krispy Kreme Doughnut Fundraiser Starts
3/1 - PTO Meeting 7pm @ RMS Library
3/3 - Quarter 3 5-Week Progress Report Mark
3/7 - Dr. Landahl's "Virtual" Community Conversation- 7pm
3/7 - Music in Our Schools Instrumental Night @ BHS Theater - 7pm
3/9 - Music in Our Schools Vocal Concert @ BHS Theater - 7pm
3/10 - No School for Students - Professional Community Learning Day
3/17 - Krispy Kreme Orders Due
4/3 - 4/7 - No School for Students - Spring Recess
4/5 - PTO Meeting 7pm @ RMS Library
5/29 - No School/District Closed - Memorial Day
6/19 - No School/District Closed - Juneteenth
6/21 - 8th Grade Moving Up Ceremony @ BHS - Time TBA
6/21 and 6/22 - Half Day of School for Students
Upcoming Varsity Sectional Playoff Games
Boys Varsity Basketball is the #4 seed and will face #5 seed Wallkill at home today, 2/27, at 5pm @ BHS in the Section 9 Class A Quarterfinals.
Girls Varsity Basketball is the #1 seed and will face the winner of #4 Cornwall/#5 FDR on Wednesday, 3/1, at 5pm @ BHS in the Section 9 Class A Semifinals.
We hope to see many RMS Students at the games to come out and cheer on our Bulldogs!
Modified Spring Sports
1. There will be a Interest Meeting for Modified Softball (Grades 7+8) on Wednesday, March 1st. See/contact Coach Tobin with any questions.
2. There will be an interest meeting for any girl interested in playing Modified Lacrosse in the spring on Friday, March 3rd at 8:05am in the Library. Please see Ms. Murray with any questions.
3. Boys and Girls Modified Spring Track begins on March 22nd. FamilyID is now open for registration. You must be cleared in FamilyID before you are allowed to participate. See Nurse amber if you have any FamilyID questions. For track questions, see Coach Tetrault.
Lost and Found
Thank you Ms. Cotto's class!
RMS Club News
2. Girls on the Run Spring Season begins March 20th, Thursdays 3-5pm practice, sign up at the website. See Ms. Assumma or Nurse Amber with questions.
3. Pick-Up Basketball Intramurals with Ms. Tobin, will be hosted in the RMS Gymnasium on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7:30am sharp. See/contact Ms. Tobin with any questions.
4. eSports will start up Wednesday March 15th. Questions? See/contact Mr. Junjulas.
5. There will be a yearbook meeting on Thursday, March 2nd in B229 until 3:30. All are welcome to attend. Please see Ms. Holliday with any questions.
RMS School Recipe Book
Math RISE Program @ RMS
What is the Math RISE Program?
The Math RISE Program is an opportunity for students to receive extra help preparing for the State Exam (5/2-5/4) or final exams in June.
Who is eligible?
RISE is open to all RMS students, grades 6-8 and will work with Mr. Siegel.
RISE will be held 2:45 pm-3:45 pm on Mondays (for 6th graders), Wednesdays (for 7th graders), and Thursdays (for 8th graders), starting Monday, February 27, 2023, through Thursday, May 4, 2023.
Students can report to room D140 on their designated day.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
ELA Rise Program @ RMS
ELA RISE is coming to Rombout. This is an opportunity to get extra practice and help to prepare for the ELA State exam (April 19th and 20th) and/or the final in June. We will be meeting in B229 from 2:50 - 3:40. All seventh graders are welcome to come to any or all dates. The dates are 2/27, 3/2, 3/6, 3/9, 3/13, 3/16, 3/20, 3/23, 3/29, 4/12. Please see Ms. Holliday in B229 with any questions.
NYS Computer-Based Testing
CBT for ELA: Wednesday, April 19 - Friday, April 21.
CBT for Math: Tuesday, May 2 - Thursday, May 4.
RMS PTO Corner
Our first ever Krispy Kreme Doughnut fundraiser is about to kick off on Monday 2/27. Satisfy that sweet tooth and get your coffee fix all while helping to raise money for the PTO. Money raised will go towards class field trips, assemblies, and recess improvements. Please send your orders and payment into school by Friday 3/17. Order forms were given to students in their 8th period class. Extras are available in the Main Office or view them below.
Our Next PTO meeting is on Wednesday, March 1st at 7pm in the RMS Library. We hope to see you there!