Jason Peter, Alex Leff
Benefits of being President
Pension after retirement: $190,000 a year
Transportation: presidential limo, Marine One and Air Force One
Housing: Live in white house with a guest house off site and private getaway at Camp David.
Living: Full staff on hand 24/7. Will do anything for you.
Security: Secret service protect you at all times.
Constitutional Requirements to be president
"No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States." - ARTICLE II, SECTION 1, CLAUSE 5
Constitutional powers of the President
2. Require the opinion of the principal officer in each executive department.
3. Have power to grand reprieves and pardons.
4. Make treaties.
5. Nominate and appoint ambassadors, judges of the Supreme Court and all other officers of the United States.
6. Fill up all vacancies during the recess of the Senate.
7. Give to Congress information of the state of the union.
8. Recommend to their consideration such measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient.
9. On extraordinary occasions convene both Houses, or either of them.
10. Receive ambassadors and other public ministers.
11. Take care that the laws be faithfully executed.
12. Commission all the officers of the United States.
I believe the most important power is the power to be the commander in chief of the US Armed forces because war is a very big deal and millions of lives are at stake.
5 Most important Presidential Traits
1: Effective and resolute decision making.
You want your president to be a decision maker and be able to get the best outcome for your country is a appropriate amount of time.
2: Be able to communicate a clear and inspiring vision to his administration and the country.
A good president will be able to communicate well with everyone in the country so everyone is on the same page and supportive.
3: Trust between the government and the people.
Trust is very important and is something that is needed to have a good presidency.
4: Implement smart, measurable, attainable, results-oriented and time-bound goals that the country can support.
No one likes to hear presidents just say what they will do in office. People like to see timelines of what will be done and when to give their full support.
5: Be a one-of-kind, amazing level 5 leader.
To be in charge of the greatest country in the world, you MUST be a great leader who knows how to get things done.
The Fight on ISIS
A current issue we have here in the United States is the war on ISIS and what we're doing to stop it. As commander in chief, I will protect our country's soil and make that my first priority. I do not want to declare war on ISIS, foreign nations that neighbor ISIS can take them out with as much help as they need from us with volunteers. I will authorize troops that want to fight ISIS myself. I encourage people to do so as this fight against ISIS is getting worse.
"War on ISIS: Who's Doing What?" CNN. Cable News Network, n.d. Web. 12 May 2016.