The LaCrosse Play-by-Play
News from Mrs. LaCrosse's 2nd Grade Classroom
PLEASE FOLLOW US ON TWITTER!!! @2LaCrosse
Partners use ABC boxes to reconnect after break!
Students identified areas in the school which needed a review of expectations. They then partnered to teach the class about these areas.
The ABC's of Us!
Students determined things they had in common, and then they presented their top 3 discoveries about one another. All had fun learning about their classmates!
It was a wonderful first week back from winter break. I hope you had a peaceful, relaxing break with your children! It was fun to hear about the children's time off of school. We did many activities to reconnect and share about their time off.
As always (and I can't overstate this enough), PLEASE let me know if you have any questions about your child's progress, or about anything school related in general. My hope is you'll ask if there is anything you're wondering.
Please ask your child:
- We will be taking our Unit 2 math assessment next week! CLICK HERE for a link to the assessment.
- You spent time reviewing this week. Show me how you count coins.
- What is Math Lines 10? (Automatically knowing numbers that pair to 10 is critical in number sense and math fluency.) CLICK HERE to go to Math Lines 10 (also linked below)!
- What books are you currently reading?
- What are the 3 types of connections a reader can make (text to text, text to self, text to world)? Can you show me how you make these types of connections when you read tonight?
- Six Flags READ TO SUCCEED forms went home on Tuesday. These are due Tuesday, February 23rd.
- You are beginning your persuasive writing unit next week! You did your pretest. What did you write about?
- Tell me about Young Authors (papers went home Wednesday--due Feb. 20)!
- You reviewed Bossy R. What does AR say? OR? ER/IR/UR?
- Can you write some words for me that have bossy R inside of them?
- What was the best part of your week?
- Is there anything you would like to be different next week? What can you do to make that happen?
Thank you for sharing your wonderful children with me. Have a lovely weekend!
The Week Ahead...
Tuesday, 1/12: STAR testing begins and continues through next week (reading and math). I will test students in small groups of 3-6 students, unless your child has the need for a different testing environment.
Friday, 1/15: Fluency testing...I will have a substitute in the AM, as I will be at a district meeting.
On the horizon....
- DEB will resume on 1/19!
- Math Unit 2 test is approaching! Please follow the link to the math curriculum to view the pre-test.
- Permission slips for our Museum of Science & Industry field trip are coming home today (1/7). Please sign & return these slips (+ payment, $5) at your convenience.