Raymore Update 04/4/2016
Where We Celebrate All Especially the Small!
Quote of the Week
The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character-that is the goal of true education.
Martin Luther King Jr.
Welcome (back) Mandy Carver
4/6 Faculty PD
4/7 PLC Spring Forum
4/8 VIP Breakfast 7-8am
Wishing Cristal Heir and family well with the passing of her grandmother.
Wishing Gail Schmidt's well her mother passed away.
Wishing Stacey Carter well through her surgery.
Wishing Marilyn Smith and her husband well with his struggle with Leukemia.
Wishing Sherri well as she continues her new treatments.
Wishing Bobbi Bond well during the surgery and as she heals.
Wishing everyone wellness! Take your vitamins! Prayers to all!
Nuts and Bolts
We passed the Spring Break Shutdown Energy Audit!! Congrats to our entire staff and a big "Thank you" to Konnie, Rick, Tiffany, and Martin!
BSAT is Tuesday, April 5. If you are attending, please make sure you have written procedures/plans for the floating sub.
Faculty PD is Wednesday, April 6 at 7:30-8:20 am. Carolyn Deane will be here to present. Please be ready to start promptly at 7:30 am.
Teacher of the Year Banquet is Wednesday, April 6. We are very excited Seth & Angie are representing our school family! Wishing both of them the best of luck!
PLC Spring Forum (BLT only) Thursday, April 7 4:15-7:00 pm at the Academy Building. Dinner will be served. More info coming soon!
VIP Breakfast Friday, April 8 7:00-8:00 am in the gym. Chris Cakes will be here serving pancakes. You are encouraged to make an appearance. Our families enjoy seeing you there and it's always a fun event... plus you can have breakfast!
Melissa and I are continuing to schedule summative evaluations. You will receive a calendar invite from us in the future if you are to attend a summative.
Please make sure you include "Number Talks" in your weekly lesson plans.
Please make sure you turn off your projector when not using it to save on the life of the bulb. It is greatly appreciated!
- Thank you for taking restricted movement so seriously. It protects your students from seeing and it protects the dignity of the student having a problem. Thank you so much.
- Practice with your students what the expectations are for restricted movement. Students must go into the closest room when they hear the announcement. Students are still walking in the halls, leaving classrooms, hiding in the restrooms, etc. The restriction will be lifted as soon as possible. Please remember restrictive movement can be used for various reasons not just behavior. We may need to use it for illness, emergencies, etc. Therefore, it is mandatory that you teach students the importance of going to the nearest classroom and clearing the hallways. As a teacher you should open your door and check the hallway for any students. The door should then be closed and students remain in class until further notice. We really appreciate your help with ensuring we follow through with this expectation and take it seriously.
April Bond Issue
North high school building becomes second middle school
Modifications to Bridle Ridge and Eagle Glen to serve grades K-5
Convert Shull Elementary into an Early Childhood Center
Maintenance projects throughout the District
The plan includes the most aggressive timeline possible to resolve the two-building high school situation.
Read more: http://www.raypec.k12.mo.us/index.aspx?NID=1035
Substitute Plans for BSAT/SAT
- Monitoring recess is crucial to the safety of our students. Please choose a section for each of you on duty to monitor.
- If there is a sub please have them go out with whoever is on duty. There should never be a sub and a teacher. If you are going to be absent and you have recess duty, ask a colleague to fill in for you. The sub is an extra set of eyes but doesn't know students plan.
Use this office referral form
Please make sure you are filling out Protabula data. This information is so important for documentation. If you need support with this please let Melissa know. We may not discuss students that do not show up in the Top Ten Data. Thanks for your assistance.
Panther Cub Academy
DID YOU KNOW? PCA OFFERS TUITION DISCOUNTS TO RAY-PEC EMPLOYEES, EC/ECSE FAMILIES AND NOW OFFERING A MULTIPLE CHILD DISCOUNT?
Hallway Expectations and Dismissal Expectations
Please talk about these areas during your morning meetings!
- Hallways are becoming a tricky spot during arrival and dismissal. Please remind your students that they are to walk on the blue tile, single file, with a smile.
- Please remind car riders that they are to walk to the library on the blue tile. When entering the library their voices should be off or at a whisper so their names can be heard. They need to sit where the adults can see their eyes, not behind the tables. As the crowd clears they need to move forward toward the carpet area however they may still sit in the chairs.
Forward emails regarding dismissal changes to both Karla and Renee.
- Please remember to be at specials door :35 after to deliver & :30 to pick up.
- Fridays --jeans with Ray-Pec spirit wear.
- Classroom doors should be locked at all times and the magnet should be used to allow flow in and out of classrooms. However, we are aware there are some doors that are tricky to get to stay shut when using magnets. We do have a couple of other options we can try to help solve this problem. If you need help with this situation, please see Melissa asap and we will problem solve.
Remember to add your lesson plans to the Google RE Shared Folder each Monday by 8:25 a.m.
- It is our district and building expectation that all staff reply to communication (email and phone calls) with within a 24 hour time frame.
- If you have any pictures of great things going on in your classroom or family, please send them to Melissa. I would love to share with others in our Weekly Staff Update.
- Call or text Jennika & Melissa if you're going to be unexpectedly absent (after 4 pm day before). 816-550-4434 and 816-868-9856
- Call or text Jennika or Melissa if you will be in the building on the weekend! The lounge/workroom will be open for access to copiers.
- Remember to check the RE Shared Calendar for events! We are still adding, and things change.
Looking for previous copies of our Weekly Staff Updates? If so, these can be found on our Raymore Tigers Weebly site under "For Staff" & then click on "Raymore Update".
PLC: OUR MISSION, VISION, VALUES
As a professional learning community, we commit to three big ideas:
- Focus on Learning
- Build a Collaborative Culture
- Focus on Results
We answer four questions:
- What do we expect our students to learn? (Goals/Expectations)
- How will we know they are learning? (Assessment)
- How will we respond when they don’t learn? (DI Intervention)
- How will we respond if they already know it? (DI Extension)
To fulfill our mission & vision:
- M: Preparing each student for a successful and meaningful life
- V: Turning today's learners into tomorrow's leaders
With these commitments:
- We are committed to consistency & accountability for each student's success.
- We are committed to a system of support for students and adults.
- We are committed to a safe, trusting and collaborative environment.
- We are committed to best practices.
- We are committed to high expectations for learning, behavior and citizenship.
- We are committed to quality communication & positive relationships with all stakeholders
- We are committed to effective communication regarding student progress.
- We are committed to data-driven decision making.
- We are committed to use of appropriate channels for communication.
- We are committed to a guaranteed (consistent) and viable (doable) curriculum.
- We are committed to maintaining fiscal responsibility while improving student achievement