Week of May 23, 2016
I speak for both Ms. O'Neal and I when I say how thankful we both are for last week's demonstrations of appreciation that we received from each one of you during Educational Bosses' Week! We definitely do not do what we do to receive accolades, however it is nice to feel appreciated and thought of. Thank you so much, you made our week extra special!
TEI Roster Verification
TEI Roster Verification (TRV) is available through MyData Portal. Teachers must submit rosters by 5:00 p.m. on May 25.
Did you know?
- TRV is the teacher’s only opportunity for teachers to ensure the rosters accurately reflect the students they taught during the school year.
- Students are eligible for inclusion in a teacher’s TEI achievement metrics based on their scheduling and attendance with the teacher.
- You can also sign up for an open lab session or a one-on-one telephone support call with OIR staff if you have questions about your rosters.
- NOTE: If you are not a teacher of record or your students do not take district, state, or national assessments, you will not have rosters to verify.
Click here to log into MyData Portal and access your rosters and training materials.
2016-2017 Contract Dissemination for Eligible Employees
Human Capital Management has issued contracts for the 2016-2017 school year. Contract-eligible employees can now access their contract via Oracle Employee Self Service.
- Depending upon an employee’s certification and length of service in a contract-eligible position, the contract will be either an Educator Probationary or Educator Term contract.
- Contract acceptance occurs by electronic signature within Oracle Employee Self Service.
- Employees will have two weeks to accept the contract offer. The deadline to accept the 2016-2017 contract is May 25, 2016.
- Please review the contract fully and contact
firstname.lastname@example.org you have any questions about your contract or employee data.
- According to the Texas Education Code, contract-eligible employees wishing to resign must do so 45 days before the first instructional day of the school year. The last day to resign prior to the 2016-2017 school year is July 08, 2016.
Need instructions on how to log into Oracle to accept your contract? Want to see a list of contract-eligible positions? Visit the contracts home page at http://www.dallasisd.org/contracts
Key Action #1
Promote a college and career going culture
Key Action #2
Provide differentiated professional development, individual support plans and effective feedback and coaching.
Key Action #3
Increase the advanced levels through data driven rigorous instruction and progress monitoring.
Our vision is to create a nationally recognized academy of 21st century learners equipped with the necessary academic and social skills to make a positive impact in an evolving global society.
MissionOur mission is to empower Henry W. Longfellow learners to excel in an evolving society through a challenging academic and collaborative environment that includes specialized courses, leadership development, enhancement of critical thinking skills, and career exploration.
Commitment Statements by Department
As ELAR educators we commit to:
Reading complex text;
Incorporating strategies that prompt critical thinking;
Student generated questioning;
Having students reference quotes in writing;
Giving students multiple opportunities to respond to text orally and written; and
Effective annotation strategies according to genres.
As MATH educators, we commit to:
effective facilitation in a student-centered classroom;
more student-led discussions;
Bloom’s Taxonomy and higher order questioning;
students creating math problems;
the discussion of essential questions;
multiple representations of both problems and solutions, multiple response strategies, and student voice; and
connect to interdisciplinary courses (real-life application).
As SCIENCE educators, we commit to:
providing a safe space where students can make mistakes, ask questions, challenge existing ideas, develop new ideas, and critique explanations and solutions; and
giving students opportunities to learn in different ways including student-driven instruction, labs, exploration, research, modeling activities, and connecting learning to pre-existing knowledge.
As SOCIAL STUDIES educators, we commit to:
an environment of collaboration, challenge, and relevancy through passionate instruction;
fostering discussion; and engaging students with meaningful dialogue candidly relating to real-world experiences.
Evening of Theater
Choir Students Competing at Sandy Lake Park
6th grade received a superior or 1
Treble Girls received a superior or 1
Tenor/Bass received an excellent or a 2.5
8th Grade Ball
Maylin Gonzalez and Adilene Lopez at the Business Plan Competition this Saturday
Important Dates to Remember
ACP testing meeting
Happy Birthday Ms. Simone!
Happy Birthday Ms. Hutson!
Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast
TEI Roster Verification Deadline
Last Day to Sign Contracts
Dance/Choir Program @ 6:00 PM
ACPs 1st/2nd Periods AM
3rd/4th classes remainder of day
6th/7th Grade Awards Program @ 1:30
8th Grade Awards
Last Day for Students
End of Year Luncheon
Last Day to Resign from the District without Penalty