Save the Date!
August 1 - Schedule Pickup and Photo Day for Grades 8-12
August 6 - Parent Open House for Grades 3-7
August 8 - First Day of School
August 12 - School Pictures for Grades 3-7
September 2 - Labor Day Holiday
September 4 - Picture Retakes (all grades)
September 10 - Josten's Ring Order (5:30 p.m.)
September 28 - LHS Jr. High Homecoming
STEM Parent Hub: Now OPEN!
New Volunteer & Chaperone Policy (IMPORTANT)
- The school district is now requiring all volunteers, including field trip chaperones, to undergo a background check PRIOR to being able to volunteer for school activities and participate in field trips. All volunteers must also have a signed confidentiality agreement on file.
- Fingerprints may be done at the Pointe Coupee Parish Detention Center or the Louisiana State Police. If you decide to have your prints done at the detention center, there will be a 2-3 week wait before your background check is returned. Visit the Pointe Coupee Parish School Board for forms if you plan to have your prints done at the detention center.
- Background checks are returned immediately with the Louisiana State Police. The Louisiana State Police headquarters is located at 7919 Independence Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA.
- Click here to download the full volunteer packet & State Police forms.
- We truly appreciate and value all of our volunteers! Please remember that these steps are being taken for the safety of your child(ren).
Uniforms: Online ordering and Pickup
If you ordered by the July 7th deadline, you may visit SMA Monday-Friday from 8:00-3:30 to pick up your uniform order. Orders will also be handed out during the 3-7 Open House.
If you are unable to make it during these hours and do not need your uniforms prior to the start of school, uniforms will be sent home with your child on August 8th.
ONLINE ORDERING: OPEN UNTIL JULY 28th
Online ordering is open until July 28. These orders will NOT arrive prior to the start of school.
Students in grades 6-12 MUST wear a STEM PE uniform for all PE and dance classes. NO EXCEPTIONS. Students who do not have a PE uniform by September 3, 2019, will receive a category c strike and 0 for each day they are in violation of this rule.
Uniforms are available for purchase at Don’s Sportsman Shop in Port Allen.
2019-2020 Student Google Classroom
All students should join the 2019-2020 Student Google Classroom for important updates. The code to join is h5vx5j5.
Students without a pcstudent.net email address will be able to join once their accounts are set up. New accounts will be issued in mid to late August.
Register Now for Online Payments
We are now be using a payment platform for Schools and Nonprofits called SKOOKII. This platform allows parents to pay fees and order items, such as yearbooks, online or through the SKOOKII mobile app. It is strongly recommended that you register before making any payments. Registering in advance will allow you to clearly link your payments to your student or students. Registration only takes a few minutes. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
After STEM Registration Now Open!
We are excited to announce that we will be offering an after school program to students in grades 3-6. After STEM will begin August 12.
The program will run from 2:30-5:30. During this time students will receive help with homework and participate in enrichment activities.
The cost of the program is $7/day or $35/week. Students who wish to participate MUST pre-register.
- Grades 3-6: There is only a supply fee option for students in grades 3-6. The fee is $45 and it covers all supplies for the year. Parents will only need to purchase a backpack and earbuds. A wireless mouse is optional. If you are unable to pay the supply fee, please contact the school. Some families have donated supply fees, and we are happy to work with you to make sure your child has supplies. The supply fee is due on August 1st. You may pay the fee online by visiting tinyurl.com/smapay
Grades 7-8: Supply lists for students in grades 7-8 can be found on our website or by clicking here.
Grades 9-12: High school students will receive course-specific supply lists when school starts. Parents may purchase basic supplies (pens, pencils, papers, notebooks) in the meantime.