The PLP Weekly
Your one stop for everything PLP!
Calling ALL Captains!
We need YOUR help! The Fellowettes are working a new project of interviewing students, staff, and faculty about reasons why they love CNU and/or PLP. If you would like to share your story with us to be featured on the Preslead social media accounts or videos for prospective CNU students, please fill out this Google Form. Thanks! (Shout out to Gaby for helping us kick start our project last week!)
Coffeehouse this Tuesday!
Coming next week:
- February 12th and 20th is UCM's Potato Drop service event! Over 100 volunteers are needed to help prepare 45,000 lbs of potatoes for local food banks! This is a great, on-campus activity - see the Engagement Opportunities document for more information, and RSVP to email@example.com!
- March 18th is Relay for Life! Colleges Against Cancer needs help with things like registration and set up. However, while participating (aka walking or performing) in the event is wonderful, that time does not count towards your service hours. If you are helping with registration, set up, or coordinating some of the games and activities then you can count up to five hours of this event!
- March 23rd is the 2016 Youth Career Expo. The Expo provides youth, ages 16-19 with an opportunity to talk with vendors from different sectors to gain exposure to types of positions within the Greater Peninsula area. Volunteers are needed to serve as guides - escorting school groups to the business hall, presentation rooms and mock interview rooms the day of the event.
Check out the Engagement Opportunities document for more information about these events. If you know of another qualifying event you'd like advertised, fill out a Service Submission Form at least two weeks before the day of the event!
Study Abroad Fair is TOMORROW!
March 15th - Ron Riggio (8pm) *Rescheduled from last semester!
April 7th - Michael Beschloss (Distinguished Speaker Series - 7:30pm)
If you need to be excused from a speaker, you may fill out the Speaker Absence Form. This form must be filled out at least two business days prior to the speaker (with the exception of sudden illness or emergency) or your request may be marked as unexcused.
To view a full calendar of approved Passport Destinations, click the button above. Then you can copy events you'd like to attend to your calendar.
Passports happening in the next week (More being added today!)
- Marginality and Mattering
- Teaching Demonstration: Dr Sara Chace
- Black on Black Rhyme
- Scriptural Reasoning Seminar
- Swipe Left
- Entangled Empires
- Film and Philosophy Night - Tree of Life
- PLP Coffeehouse: Adventures in Asia
If you're helping plan a campus event that you think would help CNU students connect with leadership concepts in new and exciting ways, then please fill out the passport destination request form.
For a spreadsheet version of current passports, click HERE.