Crazy For Kindergarten
Mrs. Bolon's Class Newsletter 5/9/16-5/13/16
Our Week in Pictures
Love for ST Math!
Perseverance and problem solving galore using ST Math!
Getting the wiggles out with a Finding Dori Go Noodle break! Do the octopus!
While we are anxiously awaiting the change of our caterpillars, the students worked on creating butterfly mobiles in Art.
REMINDER: MAP Testing This Week
This Week in ELA...
Theme: Life Cycle of Insects
- Main Idea and Details
- Locating Text Evidence
- Retelling Stories
- Review: Fiction vs. Nonfiction
- Story Elements (characters, setting, events)
*WOW! We have learned all 92 of our Popcorn Words! Check your child's Popcorn Journal for his/her personalized spelling list!
- Opinions are personal thoughts or feelings.
- Opinion writing uses opinion sentence starters. (I think... My favorite... I believe...)
- Opinions are supported with details. (Example: I like strawberries because they are red, sweet and juicy.)
This Week in Math...
- Story Problems
- Composing and decomposing numbers into tens and ones (eg: 13 is one group of ten and three ones)
Math Fact Songs
- Monday: Day 3; MAP TESTING
- Tuesday: Day 4; LMC Books; MAP TESTING
- Wednesday: Day 5; MAP TESTING
- Thursday: Day 1; Popcorn Journals; MAP TESTING
- Friday: Day 2
May 20th: Pancake Breakfast
- Join the PTO for a delicious breakfast. The breakfast will run between 7-8:30 AM.
May 24th: KINDERGARTEN GRADUATION, MUSIC & ART SHOW
- Please join us for a special celebration honoring your children. Our Music & Art Show will be coupled with Kindy Graduation. Doors will open at 6:00 and the performance and graduation will start at 6:30. Hope to see you there!