Mrs. Rehan's News
March 4th, 2016
- Monthly book logs will now be coming home from me instead of the library. I will keep track of the logs and continue to send home rewards and pizza coupons for completing them.
- Our spring music concert is Tuesday, March 8th. Students need to wear tennis shoes, black pants, or skirt, (dark jeans are fine as well) and a black shirt. Please make sure your child is in the music room by 6:00. The concert will start at 6:15 in the gym!!
Dates To Remember
- March 8th- Music concert
- March 11th- Reading round up celebration (for those who qualified)
- March 21-25th- SPRING BREAK!
This week we focused on the main topic of informational books and also text features! When reading, students asked themselves, "what is this book mostly about?" The text features we learned about are:
- Close ups
- Table of Contents
We have been working REALLY hard on our non fiction all-about books! We have been putting all the text features we were learning in reading into our writing. I am so proud of the books that they have made so far and am blown away by their progress! Next week we are going to start digitally publishing one of their finished pieces. On April 1st we are going to invite you into our room to join in on our publishing party!! I will be sending home information next week so that you can prepare to be apart of our celebration.
This week in math we worked with using number lines to add and subtract. We also got to explore a balance and find the weight of different objects around the classroom.
- Review of 3rd Quarter words!