Board of Education News & Notes
Flemington-Raritan Regional School District
Board Meeting Highlights -- 6/27/22
The Flemington-Raritan Regional Board of Education held a regular meeting on June 27, 2022. The Board interviewed candidates to fill an open seat on the board, representing Raritan Township. At the conclusion of the interviews, and following Executive Session, Christopher Smolk was selected and appointed to serve on the Board until the vacant term expires on December 31, 2022. Below is a recap of the meeting:
- All agenda motions were approved, with the exception of Personnel item 4.6, which was withdrawn: Agenda.
- Dr. McGann shared Climate Survey Results for the 2021-2022 Academic School Year, linked here.
- Dr. Michelle Cook shared a presentation on Elementary Social Studies Curriculum Redesign K-5, linked here.
- Audio recordings of meetings are available on our web site here.
Board seeks Raritan Township resident for an open seat
Our Board of Education invites interested citizens of Raritan Township to apply to fill a vacant seat through December 31, 2022. To become a member of the Board, an applicant must:
- Be able to read and write;
- Hold U.S. citizenship and one year's residency in Raritan Township;
- Have no interest in any contract with or claim against the Board;
- Not hold office as mayor or member of any municipal governing body within the Flemington- Raritan Regional School District;
- Be registered to vote in Raritan Township and not be disqualified as a voter under N.J.S.A. 19:4-1; and
- Satisfy a criminal history background check pursuant to N.J.S.A. 18A:12-1.
The deadline to apply is Tuesday, July 19, 2022 at 3:30 p.m. Candidates should mail a resume and cover letter to: Flemington-Raritan Regional School District Board of Education, attn.: Ms. Stephanie Haver, 50 Court Street, Flemington, NJ 08822 or via email to email@example.com.
The Board anticipates interviewing candidate(s) on July 25, 2022, at the Board’s regularly scheduled meeting. If you have any questions, please contact Stephanie Haver. Thank you for your time and consideration in serving on the Flemington-Raritan Regional School Board of Education.
Board Members (2022)
The Flemington-Raritan Regional School District values children. Together, WE:
Foster social, emotional, and academic growth in a safe and nurturing environment.
Respect values and traditions within our families and schools.
Strive to respond to the needs of our diverse and changing community.
Develop the curiosity and creativity of critical thinkers to become collaborative problem solvers who meet the challenges of a globally competitive society.
Every Student - Every Day - Every Opportunity