The Generals' Update
YOUR GUIDE TO DDE EVENTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS: 11/20/2022
A PEEK INTO THE LIFE OF A GENERAL
THIS WEEK'S SCHEDULE
- Wednesday, November 23rd: General Store Sale~all snacks/drinks $1.00 each
- Wednesday, November 23rd: Early Dismissal
- Thursday, November 24th & Friday, November 25th: No School
For a comprehensive view of all sports, activities, and events use the DDE Calendar of Events.
ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A MIDDLE SCHOOLER?
Each week we will share a trivia question with you
based on what your General is learning at Eisenhower!
Test your knowledge to see how you would fare
in your General’s footsteps each day!
(Answer can be found at the bottom of the Generals’ Update.)
GRADE 6 BAND TRIVIA QUESTION
In music, what does the top number of the time signature tell you?
EISENHOWER STAFF SHOUT OUTS!
The 2022-2023 Yearbooks are now available for sale. The cost is $45.
Use the link below to order:
HONOR ROLL UPDATE
Since all of our related arts classes are now going to be graded each marking period, this necessitated a change to our honor roll criteria.
Honor Roll Criteria for 2022-23 is as follows:
High Honors: Students must receive As in all classes, including related arts
Honors: Students must receive all As and Bs, but no more than 3 Bs in all classes, including related arts
If your General meets the criteria for honor roll at the end of a marking period, you will see this designation in Genesis when grades are posted. Additionally, an Honor Roll certificate will be posted in Genesis several weeks after reports cards are posted.
GRADUATION 2023 INFORMATION!
8th GRADE GRADUATION DATE
PLEASE NOTE: The date, time, and location of graduation have not been finalized. We will share this information with you once it becomes available. The date of graduation is typically not decided on until after Spring Break.
GRADUATION GOWN ORDERS
A representative from Kilbourne & Kilbourne will be at school on Tuesday, December 6th to measure all 8th grade students for their graduation gown during their lunch period.
An order form was distributed in homeroom. You may also get the form HERE.
All orders are due by November 30th.
Please note the following:
- Caps are not used for 8th gr. graduation.
- If your General will be using a sibling gown from a prior year, there is a place to note that on the order form. Simply complete and return the form to the main office.
DIPLOMA NAME FORM
DIPLOMA NAME VERIFICATION-DEADLINE DECEMBER 1ST
The Diploma Name Verification Form is available in your parent portal to complete. This form will communicate to the main office how you would like your General's name to appear on his/her diploma.
Please follow these instructions:
- Log on to your Genesis Parent Portal account for your 8th grade student.
- The DDE Student Names for Diplomas form will pop up as a required form. You will not be able to access the portal until the form is complete.
- Enter your child's name. At a minimum there should be a First Name and Last Name. Middle Name, Initial, and/or Suffix may be included as well.
Please note, once the form is submitted, you cannot go back and make changes. Diplomas will be ordered based on the information you provide.
DEADLINE TO COMPLETE THE FORM IS THURSDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2022.
EXPLORE HIGH SCHOOL OPTIONS!
MONMOUTH COUNTY VOCATIONAL SCHOOL DISTRICT (MCVSD)
Any student applying to any of the MCVSD programs must hand your completed application to the Guidance Department no later than December 16th to allow us enough time to complete our portion of the application and submit it by the deadline.
DDE PTO POCKETBOOK BINGO
POCKETBOOK BINGO is scheduled for February 3, 2023. The PTO needs your help.
If you would like to donate money to the event to help us purchase bags and raffle prizes, please click HERE!
We are looking for sponsors to support this event. See our Sponsorship Options Below!
Click HERE to purchase a package that fits your company/family best!
Luxury Handbag Raffle Sponsor - $750: Banner with logo presented on display in a prominent location with Luxury Handbag Raffle; Logo included on Thank You page in our event program distributed to all attendees; Social Media presence on our Facebook page.
- Mystery or Special Raffle Sponsor - $500: Logo signage on display with Mystery or Special Raffle; Logo included on Thank You page in our event program distributed to all attendees; Social Media presence on our Facebook page.
- Birthday Board Raffle Sponsor - $250: Logo or name featured on Birthday Board Raffle gift presented to winner; Name included on Thank You page in our event program distributed to all attendees; Social Media presence on our Facebook page.
- Full Page Program Sponsorship - $150: Full page ad in our event program distributed to all attendees.
- Half Page Program Sponsorship - $100: Half page ad in our event program distributed to all attendees.
- Quarter Page Program Sponsorship - $75: Business Card size
Bagel Sales will take place on Friday mornings only.
If you ordered pies from Delicious Orchards, pick up will be Tuesday, November 22nd from 4:00-6:00pm in the main lobby.
The PTO still has some agendas for sale. Please use the link below to order online.
Please visit the PTO website to connect with them and see what is happening. https://ddepto.membershiptoolkit.com/
If your child is sick...
Just a reminder that we have revised our procedures regarding Covid-19. Students that come to school displaying symptoms consistent with Covid-19, will be sent home by the nurse.
Regardless of diagnosis, students should remain home until fever free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication and no vomiting for 24 hours.
Please refer to the 2022-2023 COVID-19 Procedures Acknowledgement posted in your Genesis Parent Portal.
Lunch at DDE
FREE & REDUCED LUNCH PROGRAM
Applications must be completed each year for the Free & Reduced Lunch Program. If you haven't already done so, please complete the 2022-2023 application. Any lunch charges incurred after the expiration date are your responsibility. These forms are also to be used by new applicants. You may apply in 2 ways (English & Spanish forms available):