NEWS for #701 Belair
January 18 - January 22, 2016
- promote a sense of shared respect and responsibility between home, school and community
- teacher reflection and collaboration will be an essential part of our growth and student achievement
- optimal learning will exist in a safe, nurturing, and supportive environment sustained through School Wide Positive Behavior and CharacterPlus
- teachers will have high expectations for all students and provide them with a learning framework centered on critical thinking, problem solving, self-reflection, communication, collaboration, and real life experiences
Things to Note/Upcoming Events......
Monday, January 18 - No School
Tuesday, January 19 - Literacy Team Meeting - 8:15; Scott Out of Building (all day)
Wednesday, January 20 - Tier 2 Academics - 8:00 (Smith's room); Staff Picture - 8:30 (gym - normal teacher dress); group/club pictures - 9:15 (gym); yearbook candids will also be taken around the building by Interstate staff
Friday, January 22 - Team Time 8:15 (no weekly assembly)
Student Meetings: Thursday - A. Richmond 8:15
AMP Schedule: Tuesday - Red; Wednesday - Blue; Thursday - Yellow; Friday - Red
Library/Counseling Schedule: Maroon Week
Morning Duties: 8:30 - 8:45 Gym (Rachel); 8:30 - 8:45 Cafeteria (Liz); 8:30 - 8:45 Car Riders (Jami)
Afternoon Gym Duties: Schlueter, Hufendiek, Hillis, Smith, Bowen, and Walker
Happy Birthday: January 16 - Katie Luebbering
Upcoming Culture/Belair Cares Events: January Birthday Treats - Friday, January 22 @ 8:15
FRA/SRI assessments must be completed by January 22. Please be sure to give me a copy of your report when you are finished testing.
Infinite Campus Gradebook MUST be updated by the end of each Tuesday with the previous week's scores/standards recorded.
Data Cycle data to Scott upon beginning/ending each unit for math and writing.
Web page updated by January 31.
Required Annual Videos - reminder that staff members are required to annually watch training videos. All training videos must be watched and completion forms submitted by February 1, 2016. These training videos are required by state law and/or district policy, and you must annually provide confirmation that you have completed each of the training modules. Once you have finished watching all required videos, you will log in to TalentEd Records and submit the completion form that is in your "Needs Attention" task list. As a reminder, TalentEd Records functions best in Google Chrome. Your user name is your firstname.lastname and your password is what you use to log in to your computer each day. Let me know if you have questions.
Are You Following Your Calling?
We have an incredible opportunity every day to connect with kids and help them embrace learning and experience things that they may never have had the chance otherwise. What sparks the light in you? How will you show you are exactly where you are supposed to be and doing exactly what you are supposed to be doing?
Five Highly Effective Teaching Practices
Rigor, Relevance, and Relationships: A Celebration of Success
Four Corollary Questions
1. What do we want kids to know and do?
2. How will we know they know or can?
3. What will we do if they cannot?
4. What will we do if they can?