Cavalier News Flash
August 24-August 28, 2020
A Message From The Principal
Many students and parents may have received an E-mail or a phone call from their counselor informing them that they have a change in their schedule. Again, the changes needed to be made to meet teacher contract obligations. I want to thank you for your support and patience and to reassure you that all students will still be enrolled in courses that will allow them to meet promotion requirements and prepare them for high school.
Students will follow their new class schedule as it appears on Infinite Campus starting Monday, August 24, 2020.
For students whose schedules have changed, their teachers will send an invitation to their new class through Google Classroom no later than the morning of Monday, August 24, 2020.
Teachers may start sending invitations as early as Sunday evening, so it is best to check both Sunday night and Monday morning before first period.
All students have to do is check the Google classroom dashboard and for those with new teachers/classes, all they will need to do is click "Join".
At this time, we cannot accommodate any requests for teacher changes. Requests to move to a higher level class (exmaple: from Regular classes to Accelerated classes) may be accommodated only if there is room in the teacher's case load.
Starting Sunday night or Monday morning:
Here is how to view your students’ schedules on Infinite Campus:
Parents will need to use their parent portal login in order view their student's schedules. Your login credentials are the same username and password you used to complete the Online Registration Application and/or Meal Application.
Students login credentials as follows:
Username: 7-digit student ID
Password: the same exact password you use to log into your sweetwaterschools.net email account.
Below is the url to access the Campus Portal:
Students will click the Campus Student option.
Parents will click the Campus Parent option.
Thank you for your continuing support during these unprecedented times.
Mary Rose Peralta
- Ms. Monica Sigarroa-Sanchez: Students with last names starting with A-K
- Ms. Ana Gabriela Hollins: Students with last names starting with L-Z
Need Help With Registration, Paperwork, or Enrollment?
You can also call (619) 498-6800. We strive to answer every call; but if you reach our voicemail, please leave a message with your name, your student's name, the purpose of your call, the best phone number to reach you, and the best time to call, and one of our staff will call you back--Promise.
For complete information and to access the online application, please click on the link below:
Need an iPad?
If your child needs an iPad, please call (619) 498-6800 and leave your child's name and the best phone number to reach you.
We will put your child's name on our list and as soon as iPads arrive we will schedule for pick-up.
In the meantime, students may use their own device to log on to their google classrooms and participate in class.
Again, I am very sorry for this. Thank you for your understanding and consideration.
Need Access to The Internet at Home? / ¿Necesita acceso a Internet en casa?
- To apply for a free hotspot (you must meet certain qualifications) please call the IT Department at 619-585-7995 or 619-498-6890.
- Attached below is information (in English and Spanish) on Cox's Connect2Compete program for two months of free Internet access:
Now That I Have an iPad... / Ahora que tengo un iPad ...
- Eng. 2020-21 iPad Configuration and Password Reset
- Spanish 2020-21 iPad Configuration and Password Reset
- Google Meet for iPad (Directions for Installing)
- Google Classroom for iPad (Directions for Installing)
- G-Suite for Education (link to application)
- Infinite Campus
- Jupiter Grades
How Do We use Google Classroom, Jupiter Grades, Google Meets or Teams During Distance Learning?
- This is how the following Distance Learning Platforms are used:
Teacher and Student Roles in Distance Learning
- Attached below are the Student and Teacher Roles in Distance Learning (English version).
- Pictured below are the Student and Teacher Roles in Distance Learning (Spanish version).
Help! My iPad is Not Working!
Application and Computer Access Help
If students encounter problems with connecting with their classes, Mr. Jonathan Arista will be available to help. He sends a code out to students everyday so they can go to his classroom and he helps them reconnect with their classes or with using their applications.
Daily Class Schedule
Monday, September 7 is a Labor Day--there will be no school. As a result of a 4-day school week, the following will be the class schedule for the week:
- Tuesday, September 8: Periods 1,3,5,7 will meet
- Wednesday, September 9: Periods. 2,4,6,0 will meet
- Thursday, September 10: Periods 1,3,5,7 will meet
- Friday, September 11: Periods 2,4,6,0 will meet (no shortened Day)
Your child can give you access to the Chula Vista Middle Virtual Attendance Office (please see what it looks like below) and you will be able to submit an Attendance Absence Form for your student to clear hid/her absence or to correct the coding of an absence (example: student was marked absent but could not log on because the Internet in your neighborhood was being repaired; if you let us know that that is the case by filling out the Absence form, we will be able to clear the absence and code it appropriately).
We want your child to be present at school at all times. By you logging on with your child, you will be aware of their absences.
You can also check your child's attendance through Infinite Campus. Use the Parent Portal to login and see your child's attendance.
Join Club TC: After School Program
Club TC is our After School Program. During distance learning, Club TC is OPEN to all students. CVM students will NOT need to fill out enrollment forms to participate in Virtual Club TC. Students will just need to log onto Google Classroom and "Add" the Club TC Virtual Classroom. The Virtual Club TC will be open before school and after school each day. We will offer a variety of activities each day to keep students engaged and participating in our program with our amazing staff.
Virtual Club TC Google Classroom Code: rbg4sl6
Schedule: Monday - Friday
Times: 7:00am - 8:20am & 2:30- 5:30pm
Once our students put in the code for our Virtual Club TC Classroom in Google Classroom, they will be able to check out our Virtual Club TC office and program rooms. This is where the staff will meet the students daily for their activities. We encourage ALL students to join the classroom and explore all of the fun activities we have planned for students daily.
Thank you to all those who are participating! So far we have Cheer, Virtual Sports, Power Team, Game Room, Cooking, and DJ'ing. Again, all CVM students are welcome to join Club TC!
Show Cavalier Pride! Have A Great Week of Learning!
We Are Cavaliers!/ ¡Somos Cavaliers!
The mission of Chula Vista Middle School, the academic and artistic center of its community, is to ensure each student will fulfill his or her potential for success through a system of learning distinguished by:
- A rigorous academic learning environment,
- A comprehensive curriculum in the arts,
- A creative, innovative, imaginative and diverse culture,
- A technology-rich environment,
- A celebration of individual and school-wide achievement,
- A culture of school pride and personal responsibility,
- A variety of academic and social support programs and interventions,
- A network of collaboration that build bridges with family, community and educational partners.