The Weekly Highlander
A Message from the Principal
The end-of-year events for our 8th graders begin on Monday, May 22nd with our class trip to Disney's California Adventure. The 8th-grade calendar with details of all activities was emailed to our 8th-grade families and is also linked below for your reference. Please review and reach out to the Hewes office with any questions.
Thursday, May 25th will begin with an all-school assembly to honor and recognize 8th-grade students. The assembly will take place from 8:30 am - 9:45 am and the entire school will be in attendance. Promotion is Thursday, May 25th at 6 pm, it is open seating with the facility set up to accommodate 4 seats per student. We have a minimum day on Friday, May 26th with school being released at 12:25 pm and our promotion dance being held from 6 pm - 9 pm for our 8th graders that purchased tickets. Monday, May 29th is Memorial Day with no school and our last day of the year is Friday, June 2nd.
We hope you and your students find meaningful ways in the days and weeks ahead to engage in the Hewes Community!
Sahra Tanikawa, Principal
HIGHLANDERS “H” FOR A DAY
The Hewes staff is recognizing HIGHLANDERS “H” FOR A DAY AWARD! Highlander for a Day is a recognition program at Hewes Middle School that celebrates students for incredible moments in the areas of Respect, Responsibility, and Results. The Highlander award winners this week....
Year end library schedule - after school classes and tutoring
The last day for all after school activities will be on Thursday May 25th. This will be the last day for afterschool classes, tutoring, and library use. The library will be closed for student use starting Friday May 26th to facilitate book and iPad collection. This will include before and after school use of the library, students will need to make other plans for before and after school time.
Minimum Days - Meal Service
On Friday May 26th and Friday June 2nd Hewes will be on a minimum day schedule with student release at 12:25pm on both days. On minimum days we serve two meals, breakfast and snack to all of our students. Breakfast will be served before school from 7:55am - 8:15am and snack will be served during the student break.
8th Grade End of Year Activities Calendar
Spirit Week of May 30th
Hewes Volutneer? Please document your service to our school
Please enter your volunteer hours this year for Hewes PTA or any Hewes related events. This helps us keep our non profit status. You may make as many entries as necessary or in one lump sum.
Import Dates to Remember - End of the Year
- Monday, May 22 - 8th Grade Trip to Disneyland
- Thursday, May 25 - 8th grade awards assembly @8:30am and promotion ceremony @6pm
- Thursday, May 25 - Last Day for After School Classes and Tutoring
- Friday, May 26 - Minimum Day dismissal at 12:25 pm - ALL LIBRARY BOOKS DUE
- Friday, May 26 - Promotion Party 6 pm - 9 pm
- Monday, May 29 - Memorial Day Holiday - NO SCHOOL
- Tuesday, March 30 - Ipad returns 7th & 8th Grade
- Wednesday, May 31 - Spirit Awards Grades 6 & 7
- Thursday, June 1 - Ipad returns 6th Grade
- Friday, June 2 - Last Day of School Minimum Day dismissal at 12:25 pm
Import Dates to Remember - Start of 2023-2024 School Year
- Monday, August 7 - 8th Grade Registration
- Tuesday, August 8 - 7th Grade Registration
- Wednesday, August 9 - 6th Grade Registration
- Thursday, August 10 - 6th Grade WEB Orientation 8am - 11:15am
- Wednesday, August 16 - FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL - Late Start 9:15am
Follow us on Social Media
FaceBook Hewes Middle School