ELL Department Compliance Update
TELPAS, STAAR, Annual Review
From Your Compliance Coordinators
Updates from Your Compliance Coordinators
Please contact your Coordinator with any questions
Alma Valdez (Elementary Area 1)
Rita Gomez (Elementary Area 2)
Cynthia Lasseter (Middle Schools)
Dr. Harishini Ernest (High Schools)
"Years in US Schools" must be current. Please update in LPAS prior to TELPAS check-in.
Information entered for "SIFE and Unschooled Asylee/Refugee" in LPAS must match the "2016 TELPAS Additional Data Collection for ELLs" from Systemwide Testing. Keep in mind, these reports have also been submitted to Maria Narvaez previously.
MARCH 21ST DISTRICT GOAL
- All TELPAS Writing samples collected, verified, and rated.
MARCH 22-24 DATA ENTRY
- All ratings have been entered into the state online system
HOLISTIC DATA ENTRY
- Holistic Data Entry session tickets are entered through the online system. Collaborate with TELPAS CTC first and refer to Sylvia Gonzales's emails, to include her instructions. Also, see page 36-37 in the TELPAS Rater Manual.
- SWT Check-in begins: Secondary @ Clifton Center
- SWT Check-in begins: Elementary @ Clifton Center
LPAC Assessment Decision Making
- All students' assessment records must be closed in LPAS before the STAAR test is administered.
- If you are making assessment decisions by STAAR content and date offered, then you will need to close and add a new assessment decision in the student detail page when other content area assessment arises. Ex. 5th math/reading decision now and 5th science later in April.
- LPAC decisions on:
1. language of choice (eg. STAAR Spanish)
2. linguistic accommodations (bil. dictionary, extra time, etc.)
3. assessment that will be administered (STAAR L, STAAR with accommodations,
etc.) need to be conducted prior to testing administration.
- Use STAAR Participation and Linguistic Accommodation Decisions and STAAR Decision Making Guide for LPAC
OLPT TESTING (LAS Links)
MANDATORY LPAC ANNUAL REVIEW TRAINING
Sign up if you are an LPAC Chair
LPAC Chair Training for Annual Review Process.
- Tuesday/Wednesday, April 12/13 Elementary 7:45-10:45 OR 12:45-3:45
- Thursday, April 14 Secondary 7:45-10:45 OR 12:45-3:45
- Tuesday, April 19th Elementary and Secondary LPAC SUPPORT STAFF 7:45-10:45
LAS Links TRAINING Grades 1-12
Register in HCP for the LAS Links training. Half day subs will be paid for teachers to attend this training.Tuesday, April 26, 2016. 7:45-10:45 @ Baker PDC