Big Walnut Elementary
Parent Update 5.13.16
- Important Dates
- This Week- General Update/Comments
- PTO Yearbook Message
- Barnes and Noble offering
- Eagle's Extensions
- May 13th - 4th Grade Field Trip
- May 16th - Spring Fling - bring a towel - some water activities
- May 17th - Move Up Day for 4th Graders (9:45am)
- May 19th - BWE Board Presentation (Student of the Month, Building Showcase, CIP)
- May 23rd - Eagle Explorers (2:00pm)
- May 25th - 4th Grade Clap Out (3:20pm)
- May 26th - Students' Last Day/Family Picnic - More info to come! (11:30-12:30pm) Bring sack lunch
Our staff participated in data team meetings this week. This helps us to prepare for the upcoming year, appropriately place students and determine needs so we can hit the ground running in August. Believe me, it will be here before we know it! I am so proud of our teachers and the dedication they have to all of our students. Your children are in great hands!
Standing ovation to Laura Gallo for perfecting student rotation and scheduling to help students celebrate Wellness Week. Students were exposed to 10 stations to enforce healthy habits. This included exercising and eating right. Students were exposed to local businesses and programs to showcase their offerings and answer any questions the students had about living a healthy lifestyle. Thank you to all the community members who graciously volunteered their time!
Monday: Volunteers' Luncheon & Spring Fling
Tuesday: 4th Move-Up Day
Thursday: BWE BOE Presentation
Sat: BW Graduation
Enjoy the weekend!
Important Message from your PTO
!!!!!!!!!!!!!MISSING YEARBOOK ORDER SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!
1. The assumption at this point is that the envelope containing any paper yearbook orders has been lost.
2. If you sent in a paper order form in February, please cancel your check. It would have been for $16.
3. HR Imaging will reopen online yearbook sales for BWE to allow those who previously turned in a paper order to "reorder" online. As soon as I have that link I will post it here.
4. They will ship us additional order forms for those who wish to send in a paper order. Those will be sent home next week and will need to be returned IMMEDIATELY.
5. Notes will go home on Monday for those who are not on Facebook or Email, to inform them of the situation. Anyone wishing to send in a paper order needs to send a note into school. requesting one. We will not be sending forms home to the entire school. If you know someone who is not on FB, please share this information.
6. Thank you for your patience and understanding.