The Ravens' Nest
Randolph Early College High School Newsletter
Week of January 10, 2022
Juniors and seniors who are only in college classes now during the spring semester, you can see Mrs. Scott for your report cards.
Announcement from Ms. Perry, RCC Liaison
Due to the recent increase in COVID-19 cases, RCC will offer Spring Semester courses through an alternative delivery, where possible and practical, until January 31. Please check your RCC email and the RCC website for critical updates.
January 10, 2022 RCC classes begin. Please log in to Moodle and take the syllabus quiz. If you need assistance logging in, please call the RCC help desk at 336-625-1573.
Schedule adjustments will be made through Tuesday, Jan. 11.
New Temporary Schedules
This schedule will be effective between January 10-31st.
On Monday, January 10th, students need to login to their college classes so they will not be withdrawn.
For Juniors who do not have an afternoon class block, you will receive your seminar assignment via email from Mrs. Blackmon weekly.
9th Grade-----$19.00 (Instructional and Science Fees)
10th Grade---$17.00 (Instructional and Science Fees)
11th Grade---$17.00 (Instructional and Science Fees)
12th Grade---$42.00 (Instructional and graduation)
Fees go to providing educational opportunities for students such as subscriptions, lab materials, supplemental books, etc.
RCC/RCSS/ACS March 8 Senior Event
Seniors WITHOUT post-graduation plans, this is for you!!!
On March 8, 2022, Randolph Community College and other organizations are hosting an event to show you opportunities available within Randolph County. RCC will showcase their programs, a job fair will occur, and military recruiters will be present. Seniors can come in any of the time blocks below:
· 9:15-11:15 (reserved for HS seniors)
· 12:15-2:15 (reserved for HS seniors)
· 4:00-6:00 (open to the public)
In Need of Volunteer Hours?
- Jan 10 - Spring Classes Begin
- Jan 17 - MLK Holiday - Campus Closed
- - - - -
To join our online community and unlock new creative writing opportunities, contact Victoria Davis (email@example.com) or Dr. Gregory Vance (firstname.lastname@example.org). Online meetings take place on the first and third Thursdays of each month (4:00 - 5:00 p.m.).
Check out the flier for Uwharrie Dreams - https://bit.ly/3A9CtT5
- - - - -
SGA will give away a number of prizes for services like Netflix, Hulu, and others through a virtual hunt for an armadillo! Here’s how you can win!
1) Follow SGA on Instagram at @randolphccsga
2) Check our Instagram story each Friday at 11am for a picture of our little armadillo friend and this week’s prize located somewhere in Randolph County
3) Email your answer to the armadillo’s location to email@example.com use your RCC student email address before our Instagram story disappears from our page!
4) If you are the first correct answer for that week, you win that week’s prize
5) Even if you are not first, if your answer is correct, you are entered in a drawing for a grand prize at the end of our contest. Each correct answer enters you in the final drawing again! So, for each week you submit a correct answer, you increase your odds of winning the grand prize!
If you have questions, please email Shane Bryson, Director for Student Life & Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org
See our flier for this here! - https://bit.ly/3kRtXmh
- - - - -
Need to create a resumé or cover letter or to work on interview techniques? Want to learn how to job search or how to use technology to enhance your job search? Need assistance with an application or training in soft skills? Randolph Community College is here to help with its Employability Skills Lab.
The lab, which is free to all RCC students, is from 1-4 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays, beginning Aug. 17, in the Student Services Career Center on the Asheboro Campus. No appointment is necessary. Students attending any Employability Skills Lab will be eligible to choose one item of free professional clothing from The Armadillo Career Closet.
If you have questions, please contact Elaine Sill, Career Services Coordinator - https://www.randolph.edu/directory/employees/sill-elaine.aspx
- - - - -
To find information on Student Life at RCC, links to our social media accounts along with the College's main accounts, and more info on our clubs and student organizations, or even the Armadillo Cafe Menu check our LinkTree for SGA - https://linktr.ee/randolphsga
RCC Graduation Application
Click on the link below to learn more about the RCC Writing Center!
Save the Date!
Holiday: January 17, 2022
ACT (All 11th Graders): March 1, 2022
Spring Break: March 7-11, 2022
Holiday: April 15
Teacher Workday: April 18
Prom (dependent upon Covid restrictions): April 23, 2022
Celebration of Achievement: May 12, 2022, 6:00pm, Journey Church
Graduation Practice: May 19, 2022, 9:00am, Journey Church
Graduation: May 20, 2022, 10:00am, Journey Church, Ticketed Event
RECHS Expectations Concerning Absences Due to Quarantine
- Students must check their high school and college email daily.
- Students need to email their high school teachers daily by 12:00 pm for attendance purposes.
- Students need to check Canvas and Moodle daily.
- Students need to communicate with their college instructors.
- Students need to complete the Covid Exposure Concern form for RCC.