Welcome Back in 4...3...2...1...
September 1, 2019
Hey there Cardinal crew! We know summer seems fleeting right now, but we want you to soak up every last precious bit of break before we gear up for 2019-2020. With that said, the calendar doesn't lie...and neither can we! We are EXCITED to welcome you back for another school year. We look forward to seeing all of your smiling faces next week!
We'd like to extend a very warm welcome to our returning Cardinals and to the new friendly faces joining us in September! We not only have some new staff and faculty members, but we also look forward to meeting all of our incoming freshmen, as well as any new students joining us from other schools, cities, even other states! Rest assured, LHS has its arms open wide for you and we're committed to making your transition as easy as possible. Welcome to the family!
* NEWSLETTER CHANGES *
- The newsletter will now be sent out on the 1st of the month, every month, to add some consistency and predictability to our communication efforts and to attempt to minimize being overly repetitive.
- However, if there is a special event or time-sensitive activity, we will send out something additional. In essence, you can expect a monthly newsletter (on the first), but please watch your emails for anything from LHS that might come up of a special nature.
- We are working on doing more to include some of your suggestions regarding newsletter content. Advisors: Please be sure to send us positive news about your clubs/teams, so that we can include as many positive bits as possible!
- It seems that a lot of our messages were winding up in your Spam folders! Not to worry...this year we are going to try to send these out with a link, rather than directly through Smore.com. However, please keep an eye on your Spam in the meantime in case we wind up lost there! Everyone takes a wrong turn now and then! :)
- Lastly, we know these changes might not please EVERYONE, but after going through your feedback in detail we made these adjustments based on the majority of responses. But as always, we welcome any further comments/suggestions. Please feel free to send your concerns or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* FIRST WEEK OF SCHOOL *
Send in Your Photos
LTPS would love for you to share your first day of school photos!
- Send photo to email@example.com.
- Put "First Day Photo" in email subject line.
- Provide your child's/children's first name, school, and grade level.
Vo-Tech and Career Prep
The first day for all Mercer County Technical School students is Friday, September 6th.
- Bus departs LHS at 7:40 a.m. sharp
- Bus departs LHS at 11:10 a.m. sharp
The vo-tech buses pick up outside the LHS cafeteria, by the entrance to the bus drop off. Mrs. Welsh will be at pick up to make sure students get on the correct bus (Sypek/Assunpink).
Career Prep Students
- Classes begin Tuesday, September 3rd at MCCC
- Bus departs LHS at 11:30 a.m. and departs MCCC at 2:30 p.m.
- Students must get a ride to LHS to catch the bus and have a ride home in the afternoon.
* BRAG BAG *
* What's Up This Month *
Chromebooks will be distributed to students according to the below schedule:
- 9/9/19 (Monday) – 9th and 12th grades
- 9/10/19 (Tuesday) – 10th and 11th grades
Any student who did not return their Chromebook case in June must present it before receiving their Chromebook on September 9th or 10th. The lost Chromebook case fine is $22.
Challenge Day Returns
Not sure what Challenge Day is about? The program deals with a wide range of eye-opening, sometimes emotional issues and challenges its participants to tap into a great deal of self-reflection, awareness, and acceptance of oneself and others. Participants often make new, lasting friendships and come away with a better understanding of themselves as well! Check out this video of the program at another NJ school: This is Challenge Day or visit www.challengeday.org.
Senior Portrait Re-Takes
* GET INVOLVED *
Please see Ms. Baldwin with any questions.
* ANNOUNCEMENTS *
Lawrence High School is excited to offer MySchoolBucks®! This online payment service provides a quick and easy way to add money to your student’s meal account using a credit/debit card or electronic check. You can also view recent purchases, check balances, and set-up low balance alerts for FREE! MySchoolBucks provides:
- Convenience - Available 24/7 on the web or through our mobile app for your smartphone.
- Efficiency - Make payments for all your students, even if they attend different schools within the district. Eliminate the need for your students to take money to school.
- Control - Set low balance alerts, view account activity, recurring/automatic payments & more!
- Flexibility - Make payments using credit/debit cards and electronic checks.
- Security – MySchoolBucks adheres to the highest security standards, including PCI and CISP.
Enrollment is easy:
- Go to www.MySchoolBucks.com and register for a free account.
- Add your students using their school name and student ID.
- Make a payment to your students’ accounts with your credit/debit card or electronic check. (A program fee may apply. You will have the opportunity to review any fees and cancel if you choose, before you are charged.)
If you have any questions, contact MySchoolBucks directly: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-832-5226.
The LMS/LHS PTO has some new changes for the 2019-2020 school year! Special thanks to "retiring" president Bina Indelicato for your dedication, commitment, and of course sparkling personality! This year we welcome some new officers to the PTO, who are excited and revved up to hit the ground running! Remember, you can now become a member ONLINE with a few simple clicks! Follow the link HERE to join! While you're there, feel free to explore the PTO website for information regarding sponsored events, the meeting schedule, and how to sign up as a volunteer. Look below for this year's PTO Welcome Letter.
2019-2020 PTO Board Members
President: Kim Lehrfeld
VP: Nicole Mulry
Secretary: Ana DeCampos
Treasurer: Cheryl Duzick
LIMBO Treasurer: Kristin Evans
Contact us at: email@example.com
* ROTATION & BLOCK SCHEDULE *
Check out the September rotation schedule below, as well as this year's block schedule.