Grand River Academy- April 2021
Dear GrandRiver Academy Families,
We are in the midst of testing "season." April is the month when we typically do all of our testing. About 70% of our students are affected by standardized testing. So, because we are a small school, we need to utilize all staff for some testing. This means that there will be some schedule changes in April. Below is the schedule for all of the standardized tests as well as any changes to the schedule that we need to make:
- March 31st, April 7th, & April 14th 3rd & 5th grades take CMAS English Language Arts (ELA), 4th grade takes CMAS math.
- March 31st-April 1st, April 6th-8th, April 20th-22nd 6th & 8th grades take CMAS Math, and 7th grade takes CMAS ELA. Eighth grade will also take CMAS science on April 8th. All testing happens on their regularly scheduled onsite day.
- *Friday, April 5th, 6th-8th grade makeup day for the prior week.
- *Friday, April 9th 6th-8th grade makeup day for the week.
- Tuesday, April 13th - SAT for all juniors.
- Wednesday, April 14th - PSAT for all sophomores.
- Thursday, April 15th - PSAT for all freshmen
- April 13th-15th- 6th through 8th grade will not have school this week. The PSAT/SAT will be administered this week in high school and we need all staff to help with the test administration.
- *Friday, April 23rd- 6th-8th grade CMAS makeups
- *Tuesday, April 27th- Makeups for PSAT/SAT for freshmen, sophomores, and juniors.
- The learning lab will stay open throughout the testing. Elementary will be in session their normal days.
Parents can opt into having their 3rd-8th grade student take both the CMAS English language arts test and the math test. This can provide you with information about how your student is progressing and how well they are learning state standards. It also provides us with information that we can use to improve programming. If you wish to opt your student in to take the CMAS English language arts and math tests, please fill out this form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver it in person. This would be for 3rd-8th grades only. Freshmen, sophomores, and juniors will take the full PSAT/SAT.
Please let us know if you have any questions about our testing schedule or anything to do with the testing.
*Dates marked with an asterisk indicate a makeup day.
This year, we will be holding our ceremony at Los Colonias Park at 10:00 am. It is an outdoor venue that allows us to have a larger group per COVID guidelines. There will be limited seating on the concrete by the stage because they have to spread chairs out for social distancing reasons and graduates will take up the first few rows. We are asking families to bring chairs, just in case, as there is plenty of room in the grassy area directly behind the concrete area so that you have seating.
Buy Your Yearbook Now!
A yearbook is a perfect way to capture memories. Go to http://gra.picaboo.com or scan the QR code to order yours.
Harcover are $35.00 and the softcover is $25.00.
The cutoff for seniors to submit pictures for the yearbook is April 1st, 2021. Pictures can be sent to email@example.com.
- We have Chromebooks available for checkout if you don't have a device.
- Parents, please monitor your student's progress.
- The Lunch Lizard will be providing free meals Tuesday-Thursday for students. The menu can be accessed by clicking the "MealViewer Schools" button below. It will say welcome to Bookcliff Middle School. We are following the same meal schedule as they are.
- Continue to use the COVID tracker every day with each of your students.
Free College Opportunity
STEPS TO TAKE
Apply to Career Center:
Choose a Construction Pathway:
Construction Electrical Lineworker https://www.coloradomesa.edu/wccc/programs/lineworker.html
Land Surveying and Geomatics
Apply to D51 P-TECH Construction
Do a "Meet and Greet".
To be scheduled.
See your counselor for P-TECH classes.
To be scheduled.
GET FREE COLLEGE