From Your Principal
I have been on the job officially as principal for a little over a month now, and it's been nothing short of amazing. I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing all the familiar faces, and meeting new ones for the first time. I want to thank you for welcoming me into this role-- Laurel Hill is truly my home!
A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that our focus this year is remembering that we are primary. The definition of primary is "first in order; of utmost importance". At Laurel Hill, we are committed to that principle- that the work we do here is valuable, and it's worth the hard work that our staff put in. I'm so encouraged that I work with a staff who, like me, are willing to go the extra mile for your child. We are also lucky to have families that support our work here as well...so thank you!
As we start to get into the groove of the school year, please make sure you read through the News and Notes section below. Our processes, procedures, and systems we put in place only work with your support; if something isn't clear, please let me know.
If you ever have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out.
News and Notes
- Please make sure you are reading through the arrival and dismissal procedures located on the Parent-Student Handbook, particularly if you have last minute changes in dismissal. Dismissal changes need to be in writing with a note in your child's folder.
- If your child is absent, you do NOT need to call the office to let us know. Please remember to send an absence note in your child's folder upon return.
- Less than 50% of our enrollment have paid their instructional fees. These fees are valuable to us and are used in a variety of ways that improve your child's experience at Laurel Hill. If you have not yet paid your child's fees, you can do so here.
- Bus riders- although the First View is a handy tool, you should not rely on the app for live tracking of the buses, and should be at the stop at the assigned time.
- Yearbooks are on sale now! You can order your yearbooks here.
We are so excited for another great year at Laurel Hill! This section will be updated with monthly with important reminders from our PTA. Thank you for supporting LHP!
Tomorrow is our first Spirit Day! Let's show our school spirit and rock our Loggerhead gear! If you need to stock up on LHP gear, check out our school store.
Friday, September 8 is our Wando Football Tailgate! Come support our Warriors as they battle it on the gridiron. See the flyer attached to Mr. Sims' email for more details.
September 11-13 is our first Stock the Lounge event. Our CD and K parents can donate goodies to stock our teacher's lounge. Please use the link below to donate.
September 22 is our first ever Beach Sweep! We will meet at Station 23 for a beach cleanup, followed by pizza at IOP Pizza! Make sure you tell your server you are from Laurel Hill. See the flyer attached to Mr. Sims' email for more details.
September Dates to Remember
1 - SPIRIT DAY
4 - Labor day (no school)
8 - Wando Football Tailgate (flyer attached to Mr. Sims' email)
11 - 13 Stock the Lounge (CD & 1 parents donate only- click here
19- Fall Picture Day (see flyer attached to Mr. Sims' email)
22 - Early Release- 12:30 Dismissal
22- Beach Sweep & IOP Pizza SN (see flyer attached to Mr. Sims' email)
25- Progress Reports distributed this week
29- Rock Your School! (more details coming soon)
Para obter o boletim informativo traduzido em seu idioma preferido, clique aqui. Selecione “Traduzir” no canto superior direito. Escolha seu idioma no menu suspenso.
Чтобы получить перевод информационного бюллетеня на предпочитаемый вами язык, нажмите здесь.Выберите «Перевести» в правом верхнем углу. Выберите язык из выпадающего меню.
Để nhận được một bản tin được chuyển ngữ sang ngôn ngữ ưu tiên của quý vị, vui lòng nhấp vào đây. Chọn “Chuyển Ngữ Ngôn Ngữ” ở góc trên cùng bên phải. Chọn ngôn ngữ của quý vị từ menu thả xuống.
Ձեր նախընտրած լեզվով թարգմանված տեղեկագրի համար սեղմեք այստեղ: Վերևի աջ անկյունում ընտրեք «Թարգմանության
լեզուն»: Ընտրեք Ձեր լեզուն բացվող ընտրացանկից: