WELCOME TO PRE-K
Welcome to pre-k!! We are looking forward to a great school year filled with fun and learning. Thank you parents for bringing in supplies for our classroom, we really appreciate all your help. This week the kids have been getting settled into their new routine, and meeting all their new friends. There is so much to learn with being in a new classroom, with new teachers and new friends. All the kids have done a great job so far! We will continue to work on the classroom procedures and daily schedule as we move into next week as well.
Phonemic Awareness & Phonics
- Listening for sounds
- Alphabet Sound Cards
- Identifying letters in their name
- Rhyming Games
- Recognizing Numbers
- Represent Numbers with Groups of Objects
First Week of Fun!
- Friday Folders are sent home on Fridays with everything your child has accomplished for the week (Please bring back on Monday's).
- If you haven't already brought a water bottle for your child, please do so soon. We use them after we come in from playing outside. Also don't forget sunscreen!
- Newsletters will be sent home on Friday's letting you know what we will be doing the following week.
- We would like to have extra clothes for each child to keep at school at all times.
- Please let us know if someone other then mom or dad will be picking up your child.
- If you would like to bring a quite box for nap time in you are more then welcome to. Some things you could put in there would be: flash cards, books, magazines, coloring items, small toys that don't make any noise. Old shoe boxes are a perfect size! Please let us know if you have any questions.