4th Grade News
Mrs. Graver ~ March 24, 2016
Learning Targets of the Week
*Use bar models to represent a fraction of a set
* Find the fractional part of a number
* Multiply a fraction by a whole number
*Identify adjectives that tell what kind, how many, or what purpose
* Spell words that include the following sounds: /k/ using c, k, or ck; /kw/; /ng/
* Discover some of the events that lead up to Washington statehood in 1889
* Identify early cities --Walla Walla, Tacoma, and Seattle-- and why they grew
* Identify the metric system as a standard unit of measure
* Explore the metric standard for measuring distance: the meter and its subunit the centimeter
* Describe the Easter Triduum and how we celebrate it
You're Kind of a Big Deal
Thank you all for coming to conferences. I am proud of all the success these 4th graders have had this past trimester. I look forward to all that they will accomplish in this last term we have together!
What do we remember during the Easter Triduum?
Good Friday, March 25th @ 11am in the gym- 5th grade will present the Stations of the Cross in a beautiful and moving way. If you have the time please join us for this special time of prayer.
No School on March 28th
March Passport Check
Thursday, March 31st is check day!