Area of Marketing
The process of promoting an idea/product into the marketplace through media placement.
- Create global recognition for key styles and seasonal collections of the exclusive brands.
In this role you will have to work directly with the Product Division and Creative Services to drive exclusive brand recognition, sales, and other key objectives.
- Extensive experience Marketing roles at the senior management level in the retail fashion industry
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- Fluent in our brand, product and competitive landscape.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical, planning and forecasting skills
- Respectful and outstanding leadership skills
- Proven ability to articulate vision and strategy
- Proven ability to manage multiple, complex priorities within demanding time frames
- Proven ability to lead a dynamic marketing team and organization
Specific Marketing Skills
- Brand Strategy Positioning: A good understanding of the marketplace and consumer behavior to further develop brand. A majority of this career if not all revolves around these two aspects, so a thorough understanding is vital in order to succeed in this occupation.
- Creativity: Creativity is very important in order to think of authentic and unique ideas for campaigns, advertisements, etc. that will attract and satisfy consumers.Drive the creation and development of our Exclusive Brand identity; logo, logo mark, brand indicators, product packaging and creative guideline
- Communication Skills: Communications/connection are everything in this industry. This job requires excellent social skills to meet with clients and conduct business.
- Analytical Thinking Skills: In order to do background research about trends and data.
Min. Grade Average for Entrance: 70%
- Portfolio Assessment
- Six U/M courses w/ overall final average of 70%
- 4U English w/ min. final grade of 70%
Degree Achieved: Bachelor of Design
Ryerson University (Ted Rogers School of Management)
Program: Retail Management
- Six U/M courses
- Mathematics [one of: Advanced Functions (MHF4U), Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U) or Mathematics of Data Management (MDM4U)]
- The minimum grade(s) required in the subject prerequisites (normally in the 65-70% range) will be determined subject to competition.
Degree Achieved: Bachelor of Commerce
Other Points of Interest
- Marketing Specialist
- Apparel Designer
- Art Director
- Senior Stylist
Why would this career be perfect for you?
- Outlet for my creativity and an opportunity to implement my analytical skills
- Challenge myself to think outside of the box when thinking of new methods and strategies to attract consumers and maintain client base.
- Appeals to my interest in business and fashion