May 15, 2022
Notes from Mrs. Bervert
This year is speeding ahead and we have lots happening these next two weeks. A few pieces of news:
- Student Fees- Student Fees are due by Thursday, May 26 at 4:00 pm. Payments can be made online through RevTrak or you can call Ms. Tanya and pay over the phone (785.861.1300).
- School Nurse Day- This past Wednesday was School Nurse's Day and we so appreciate both Ms. O'Neal and Mrs. Johnston in caring for our Buffalos!
- Calling Volunteers for the Field Day Luncheon- If you're willing to assist in our Field Day luncheon for all staff and students please email Mrs. Haverkamp at email@example.com.
- Field Day- Coming to BES on 5/25- Details listed below! If you'd like to take your students home early please out the Google form below.
- Band and Orchestra- Band and Orchestra concerts are coming up on May 17th. Students last days of Band and Orchestra will be May 19th.
- Last Day of School Assembly- We will celebrate 4th quarter key representative, 6th grade Tech Team members and students that completed the William Allen White challenge at 9:30 on May 26th on the primary playground. Bring your lawnchair and come celebrate with us!
With Buffalo Pride,
Berryton Elementary Classroom Teachers 2022-2023
- Early Childhood Special Education- Mrs. Foster
- Pre-K- Mrs. Wiggs
- Kindergarten- Mrs. Bruns
- Kindergarten- Ms. Dinkel
- Kindergarten- Mrs. Holthaus
- Kindergarten- Mrs. Klaassen
- 1st Grade- Mrs. Joens
- 1st Grade- Mrs. Weaver
- 1st Grade- Mrs. Woodruff
- 2nd Grade- Mrs. Deitcher
- 2nd Grade- Mrs. Edwards
- 2nd Grade- Mrs. Lutz
- 3rd Grade- Mrs. Burton
- 3rd Grade- Mrs. Kramer
- 3rd Grade- Mrs. Metcalf
- 4th Grade- Mrs. DePriest
- 4th Grade- Mrs. Gauntt
- 4th Grade- Mrs. Hahn
- 5th Grade- Mrs. Bautista
- 5th Grade- Miss Hayen
- 5th Grade- Mrs. Helmke
- 6th Grade- Mr. Klaassen
- 6th Grade- Mrs. Scharrer
- 6th Grade- Mrs. Watson
Cafeteria Menus and Sandwich of the Day Schedule
Upcoming Events in the Media Center
A. Summer Send OffWe will have our annual summer send off which is an event hosted by Mrs. Baker and Mrs. Boyer. Each student will get to pick out a book and take it home. We would love to have parent volunteers to support this event and interested parents should email Mrs. Baker (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Summer Send Off Times Per Grade Level
- 5/16- AM Preschool Summer Send Off at 9:30
- 5/16- 4th Grade Summer Send Off at 12:30
- 5/16- PM Preschool Summer Send Off at 3:00
- 5/17- Kindergarten Summer Send Off at 9:30
- 5/17- 6th Grade Summer Send Off at 2:00
- 5/18- 1st Grade Summer Send Off at 9:30
- 5/18- 5th Grade Summer Send Off at 2:00
- 5/19-3rd Grade Summer Send Off at 9:30
- 5/19- 2nd Grade Summer Send Off at 1:00
B. William Allen White Reading Contest Awards Banquet- This will be held on May 20 at lunchtime. This celebration honors our students that read all of the William Allen White novels.
C. Summer Send Off Book Fair Family Night- Families are invited to shop our Summer Send Off books on 5/19 from 4:30-7.
Upcoming Dates- 4th Quarter
- 5/16- Board of Education Meeting at 7 pm (SHHS)
- 5/17- Grades 5/6 Orchestra Concert at 6:15 (SHHS Auditorium)
- 5/17-Grades 5/6 Orchestra Concert at 7:30 pm (SHHS South Gym)
- 5/18- 3rd Grade Field Trip to Ritchie House and Capitol
- 5/18- Mrs. Hahn's class to KS Museum of History
- 5/19- Mrs. Berry's class to KS Museum of History
- 5/20- Mrs. Gauntt's class to KS Museum of History
- 5/23- 6th Grade visit to SHMS in AM/ 6th Grade celebration in PM
- 5/25- Field Day
- 5/26- Last Day of School at Berryton- Assembly at 9:30 AM on primary playground
As an elementary principal I enjoy working collaboratively with staff members to support student learning. I am passionate about continuing to learn professionally, and building relationships with staff and students at Berryton Elementary. When I'm not serving at Berryton Elementary I am usually with my husband and two sons. We can be found at sporting events, cheering on Kansas State University, or just enjoying a movie at home.