WKMS's Library Winter Update: 2021
Dr. Conrath, Librarian & Mrs. Patterson, Library Assistant
WKMS Ranks #3 Out of 31 Other Schools in Lex 1 For E-Book Usage!
Mrs. Tapia' s Class Shares Coding Project To Display In The WKMS Learning Commons
Library Book Check Out On Wheels
Classroom Collaboration Pathfinders
Over the most recent weeks, your library program has collaborated with several teachers to enhance and facilitate classroom projects.
Classic Art Through Contemporary Art
After collaborating with Mr. Sellars, his students produced the following presentations:
If you would need a similar resource connection for a lesson, please contact the WKMS Learning Commons for more information.
E-book Circulation Statistics This Year: On Avg., Over 3 E-Books Read Per Student.
Over 2, 562 E-books Checked Out So Far This School Year
On average, WKMS students have used over 3 E-books per student this school year.
Follett E-book Statistics
Mackin E-book Statistics
Library Warhawk Book Club
While Physically Distanced, Not Socially Distanced...Through Books
Developing Empathy Using Specific Graphic Novels
Last month, Jerry Craft, Tracy Edmunds, Grace Ellis, Talia Hurwich, Rossie Stone, and Anthony Zuiker joined others for a lively and insightful conversation about developing empathy with comics and graphic novels.
Retired Books & A Renewed Purpose Through Donation
A large collection also found a good home through a foundation called, Hope For Liberia. A local attorney, Mr. Mark Arden, coordinated the repurposed books for delivery to a new school in Liberia that will have the only library in a geographic area similar in size to South Carolina.
Junior Library Guild (JLG) Digital E-book Reminder
JLG Digital May Be Found In Your ClassLink Launchpad.
Here's the official WKMS hyperlink:
JLG Digital Highlights
- Truly simultaneous, multi-user access from any device.
- A revolving selection of Gold Standard ebooks and audiobooks. New titles enter the JLG Digital stream monthly, much like other streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, and Apple Music, giving your readers access to a rotating online bookshelf of new and noteworthy reads.
- A full year with 150+ revolving titles
- Digital reading tools for success. Readers can make notes, highlight content, set bookmarks, search indexes, build presentations, and access citation guides right from the digital page.
- Widest variety of formats and genres. Your readers will find exactly what they love in our revolving digital collection, from fiction, nonfiction, graphic novels, audiobooks, eBooks, and read-a-long titles.
Other E-Book Resources To Consider
Follett's Discover Catalog hosts 109 E-books
Books Added To Our Collection
Your library program has also added ComicsPlus, an e-book database, which includes more than 1,000 unlimited circulation titles.
During The 1st Semester, 1,852 Outdated Books Were Removed To Make Room For Upcoming New Books
Young Minds Dreaming Poetry Contest
Students in grades three through 12 have less than one month to enter the Young Minds Dreaming Poetry Contest with their poem of what inspires them. Entries are submitted electronically on the SCSL website. We welcome poems in English, bilingual Spanish-English, or transcribed from those who have a visual disability. This spring Pat Mora, the author ofBookjoy, Wordjoy, will help us celebrate the 2020 and 2021 winners from each age group. The submission deadline is February 15, 2021.First, second and third place winners are determined by judges for Grades 3-5, Grades 6-8, and Grades 9-12.