Stress S'more 😂⚽️
By: The soccer duo
Woodrow Wilson the 28th president
Woodrow Wilson during his presidency dealt with acute stress from his presidency during the First World War dealing with politics on foreign affairs. He addressed congress on 19 August, 1914 to call for American neutrality in the conflict. It was a very challenging situation for American sto maintain, given the fact that so many Americans were from Europe whom immigrated during the market revolution in the 1870's-80's.
It was also to maintain broad international reach of American commercial and economic interest at the same time with its Europeans exports. He majorly stressed that rational Americans would place their loyalty to the United States first and be "impartial in thought as well as in action"
So what is acute stress then?
Acute stress reaction (also called acute stress disorder, psychological shock, mental shock, or simply shock) is a psychological condition arising in response to a terrifying or traumatic event, or witnessing a traumatic event.
So how does this relate to Woodrow you say?
His quote during this stressful time
- Woodrow Wilson
How to handle the stress/anxiety he had
Tips for dealing with stress
- Don't worry about things you can't control, such as the weather.
- Solve the little problems. This can help you gain a feeling of control.
- Prepare to the best of your ability for events you know may be stressful, such as a job interview.
- Try to look at change as a positive challenge, not as a threat.
- Work to resolve conflicts with other people.
- Talk with a trusted friend, family member or counselor.
- Set realistic goals at home and at work. Avoid overscheduling.
- Exercise on a regular basis.
- Eat regular, well-balanced meals and get enough sleep.
- Participate in something you don't find stressful, such as sports, social events or hobbies.