Dec 15, 2021
School Board Highlights
Tuesday, January 25, 2022
The Board approved the school calendar for the 2022-2023 school year.
Teachers’ Association Contract
The Lincolnshire-Prairie View Teachers' Association Contract was extended through the 2023-2024 school year. The contract was set to expire at the end of the 2022-2023 school year.
- Transportation: Bus routes are now fully covered. The department is piloting a bus tracking app where families can track the location of their child’s bus. The app has been rolled out to two Sprague routes. Additional routes for Sprague and Half Day may be added by the end of the year.
- Vaccine Clinic: D103 is offering a vaccine clinic on Saturday, February 12 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Booster shots for ages 12 and above as well as 1st and 2nd dose shots for 5-years-old and above will be available.
- Curriculum: The recent surge in COVID cases in the schools has put a strain on learning. Staff is reviewing unfinished learning as a result of the pandemic disruption. Grade level teams meet weekly to review curriculum pacing. Teachers review students’ test results and are working with students who may need additional support. Schools are addressing behavioral issues and executive functioning skills, to help students be successful in school.
- D103 COVID Processes Clarification: There is no vaccine mandate in D103. The district has requested that unvaccinated staff test weekly for COVID. There is no segregation or discrimination of students or staff for choosing not to vaccinate.
- Metrics: COVID metrics for Lincolnshire and Lake County are high. The test positivity rate is 14.7% and ideally, this number should be below 8%. There are 1,586 new COVID cases in Lake County and the goal is to have this number below 50 cases. The COVID incidence rate appears to be declining in Lake County and Lincolnshire.
Summer School Salaries
The Board approved an increase in summer school staff compensation for 2022 to ensure the district is comparable to other Lake County school districts.
Board of Education Meeting
The next Board of Education meeting will occur at 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 8. The notice and agenda can be found on the District 103 Board meeting website page. D103 board meetings are being held in-person and live-streamed each month on our YouTube Channel. Members of the community should attend the meeting at 111 Barclay Boulevard, Lincolnshire if they would like to make a public comment. The public can also contact the Board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
D103 Calendar of Events
The D103 PTO is a completely volunteer-run organization, dedicated to enhancing and enriching the educational experience of our students. Please visit the PTO store to become a member.
Leaders in Learning
Location: 111 Barclay Blvd, Lincolnshire, IL 60069, USA