Same Great Content, New Look.
Informational Meetings Regarding the Bond Referendum for the New Elementary Building
Please join us on February 28th at the High School to learn more about the bond referendum.
Registration Available on our Website!
Boone Community School District offers multiple experiences for 4 and 5 year old students in our community.
Preschool - 4 year olds
Transitional Kindergarten (TK) - 5 year olds
Kindergarten - 5 year old (must be 5 by Sept. 15th)
You can fill out our registration form using a computer or a smart phone. You will also need to fill out a health questionnaire from a parent's perspective. Other forms will be needed before your child starts in the fall but those forms will be emailed to your email address you provide during registration.
Boone CSD App and New Website Now Available!
The district website and all of the contents are still located at boonecsd.org
Mrs. Zimmerman's class using 100 charts for Mystery Math on the 100th day of school
Congratulations to our students who received Kid of Character Certificates at Franklin Elementary!
Congratulations Middle School Band
Boone Boys Swimming competed at the state meet in Linn-Mar on Saturday, February 13th. Aidan Kraft, Ben Patterson, DJ Thompson, and Ike Seeman swam to 20th in the 200 medley relay. Ben Patterson took 20th place in the 200 IM. DJ Thompson took 29th place in the 100 butterfly.
Title I Parent Involvement Feedback Survey and Presentation
Middle School Band Concert
Friday, February 26th : 6:30pm 5th/6th Grade and 7:30pm 7th/8th Grade
2. 5th and 6th grade report time is 6:10 pm (They will report directly to their seats on the gym floor with their cases - families can keep coats.
3. 7th and 8th grade students report time is 7:15 pm (They will report directly to their seats on the gym floor with their cases.
- 7th and 8th grade families should not arrive any earlier than 7:10 pm.
- If the concert is still going or families have not left yet, please wait in the commons until the space is cleared.
- 7th and 8th grade families should drop off their students if parking looks to be an issue.
4. Students will NOT be allowed in the band room except to grab instrument/music
- Report to seats on the gym floor
- Wait in commons if concert is still going
5. Students will wear their masks when they are not playing
6. Students need to dress nicely
- Dress pants or dress/skirt
- No hoodies
- Please ask Mrs. Kundel is you need help: we have resources!
7. The audience will adhere to the current activities guidelines for attendance of wearing masks, social distancing, and only household members attending.
8. A livestream of the concert will be on Mrs. Kundel's Youtube page.
Seniors and Parents
Scholarship deadlines are fast approaching! The Iowa Farm Bureau - Boone County scholarship application is due February 26 and the Knights of Columbus Scholarship application is due March 1st. Don't delay!
You can still find our scholarship page both on the new app and the new website under Boone high school- "parents and students". You can also follow the link below.
The Active scholarship list is the first sheet, showing just the scholarship title, with a link to the application, and the deadline. At the bottom, you can tab to sheet 2. This sheet contains information about each scholarship. It describes the scholarship including eligibility criteria. If you have questions, you can talk with Lisa Jacobson in the Counseling Center or email cjacobson@Boone.k12.ia.us. Start applying and Good Luck!!
Driver's education class
The last class of the school year for Driver’s Ed starts on March 29th. The classes that are offered during the school year this year have the flexibility to work at your own pace online. We anticipate this class filling up as well so encourage you to sign up early. If you have questions please reach out to Mr. Bruck at firstname.lastname@example.org
Teacher Request Form
Boone Hope Foundation
A Message from The Boone Hope Foundation Board: Our organization is dedicated to supporting students, staff, and families within our school district community! We provide assistance in emergency type situations relating to shelter, food, clothing, medical, and transportation. If you or someone you know is in need of our assistance, feel free to reach out via our website (https://www.boonehope.org), Facebook page, or you can also reach out to any Hope Foundation Board Member personally.