Biology I: Course Update Newsletter
You will receive a course update email from me after each Assignment Due Date.
Please read through all of the newsletter for helpful information.
Submit Missing Assignments To Improve Your Grade!
Submit assignments by:
Tuesday (9/3) ... 10% penalty
Wednesday (9/4) ... 20% penalty
Thursday (9/5) ... 30% penalty
Friday (9/6) ... 40% penalty
Late assignments from the 8/19-8/30 grading period will not be accepted after 9/6.
Students Should be Present in the Course Daily
- Work on the daily assignments (see your schedule)
- Read the News Announcements in the course. This is where hints, resources, important information and bonus opportunities are presented to you.
- Check your GaVS email for important communication
Strategy 1: Follow That Schedule!
Print out your schedule and use it as a daily checklist. The expectation is that students stick to the schedule and work in the course each day for at least one hour or more. Turn in all your assignments on time. If you have a late assignment - turn it in by Monday so that you only lose a meager 10%!
Strategy 2: Read Your Feedback!
Here is a tutorial on how to see each type of feedback: Quiz, Dropbox and Discussion:
Strategy 4: Interact with the Course Content!
The Parent Account gives you information about your child’s grades and progress in their course. If your child’s grade drops below a 75, you will receive an automated phone call. If your child’s grade drops below a 70, you will receive a phone call from me.
If you already have a parent account please do NOT create a new one.
1) Please check to see that your parent account is linked to your student’s account.
2) For more information click Help on the Log in page or click this link.
If you are uncertain about whether you have a parent account or not,
1) Log in to GAVS at www.gavirtualschool.org and at the Log In page type in your username and password.
2) For more information click Help at the top of the Log In page or click the following link. http://helpdesk.gavirtuallearning.org/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List/Index/14/gavs-parent-info
*Information for parents who have NEVER created a parent account.
1) Login to our website www.gavirtualschool.org
2) Click the “Log In To GAVS” icon
3) Click “Create An Account” from the navigation bar.
4) You will need to know your child’s GTID and date of birth.
5) Please follow the directions on the screen.
6) Be sure you have linked your parent account to your student’s account.
7) For more information simply click HELP at the top of the Log In page or click the following link. http://helpdesk.gavirtuallearning.org/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List/Index/14/gavs-parent-info