Goshen Center School
Regional School District No. 6
Imagine Nation Museum
Our kindergarten and first-grade students were engaged in scientific activities and participated in hands-on exhibits and exploration.
Grades two through 6 went to Chapter 126 an adaptive recreational sports and fitness center where students played basketball in wheelchairs.
Students working on building trust and guiding one another while blindfolded.
Imagine Nation Museum
Principal's Message for December 3rd 2015
Dear Parents, Guardians and Community Members,
Congratulations to the 4th, 5th, and 6th grade students for a wonderful concert yesterday evening. Thank you to Mrs. Sarah Bills for providing students at all three elementary schools the opportunity to perform together. What a great way to welcome in the holiday season!
Elementary Progress Reports will be sent home with your children tomorrow, December 4th. As Superintendent Drapp mentioned in his email message a few weeks ago, this year's Progress Reports have been modified in response to parent feedback. Starting immediately, student progress indicators will communicate your child's performance for the current trimester versus progress toward the end-of-year standard. We feel that this approach will provide a clearer understanding of your child's progress.
For additional information, please click on this link for the Progress Report Parent Handbook.
Progress Report Feedback
Please also take a moment to provide feedback on the progress report. The link to the survey is here. Results from this survey will be used to improve this communication tool. If you are interested in participating in a focus group, please provide your email address at the end of the online survey.
Please note the following UPCOMING EVENTS:
- December 4th - Progress Reports go home
- December 4th - Logo day - Student Council - wear your favorite logo outfit
- December 4th - Fun Night Out @ GCS - 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- December 8th - Goshen Tree Lighting 5:00 p.m.
- December 8th - Meet with Superintendent Drapp 5:30 p.m.
- December 9th - Early Release at 1:25 PM (Teacher Professional Development Day)
- December 10th - Nature's Classroom Information Meeting for 6th-grade parents
- December 11th- Gingerbread Workshop at GCS from 3:30 - 5:00 p.m.
- December 16th - 18th - Penguin Patch holiday shopping for students, more information will be sent home
- December 21st - Holiday Sing-Along 2:45 p.m. at GCS
- December 24th - January 1st - Winter Break - No School
School pictures will be going home with students on Friday, December 11th.
Retake photos will be available December 18th.
Holiday Mitten Tree
This holiday season, the GCS Student Council will be decorating our lobby tree with hats, mittens, gloves and scarves for area children in need. We will collect new items that will be brought to United Way for distribution through The Warm the Children Fund. Donated items can be brought to the school office for placement on the tree until December 22, 2015. Thank you for your support. If you have any questions please contact Diane Machen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BoxTops for Education - Please send in BoxTops with your child to earn $ to support our PTO and programs for our school. Each month, the class with the most BoxTops wins a prize!!
Please contact me with questions, comments or concerns.
Goshen Center School Principal