The Rigsby Reader 9.15.14
Updates from Room 311
Parental To-Do List
- Sign Permission Slips- Dance & Montreat
- If you are interested in setting up a home visit- please call or email me!
- Make sure that I have your email address if you have one.
- Follow me on twitter (@mrskarenrigsby) to see updates about our classroom successes!
The Binders Are Here!
Hopefully this weekly reader is being shown to you in a shiny organized binder! Please flip through this binder with your child. Each Thursday any graded work will be in the binder. Please take the work out to keep. I will make copies of any work that I need to keep for your child's portfolio. As the year progresses the 4th grade team will be adding components and handouts to make the binder a useful tool for you and your child.
What We Are Learning
- Math: One more week of place value (to address misconceptions from quiz)
- Reading: mClass Reading Testing- LAST WEEK!
- Writing: Writers build characters that have motivations and needs.
- Science: 1st Quarter: Animal Adaptation Unit
- Social Studies: Symbols of North Carolina. Wednesday is Constitution Day.
Dates to Remember:
- September 17th: Montreat Team Building Field Trip (rescheduled because of bus drivers! permission slip to be sent home shortly)
- September 18th: Back to School Fall Dance (Pick up at 4:15)
- September 19th: Claxton Colors Day
- September 26th: Parent Teacher Conference Day (No School)
Finding Mrs. Rigsby
If your child has a change in how they are going home- please send a note with your child or call the classroom and leave a message. I try to check my email often- but once I'm teaching I don't stop! Please let me know how I can help your student be successful.