Germany: Spannung erwartet
Nakita Overberg P. 5
Why go to Germany?
History: Write a brief history about your destination.
Culture: Write about your destinations culture.
In many aspects, Germans are considered as masters of planning. Careful planning , in one's business and personal life, provides a sense of security. There are many different religions in Germany. Such as: Protestant 34%, Roman Catholic 34% , Muslim 3.7%, unaffiliated or other 28.3%.
picture of country below:
Lodging and Hotel: Where I'll be staying?
Lodging and Hotel: Where will you be staying?
Hotel Name: Hotel Catalonia Berlin Mitte
Hotel Price: $710 for 7 nights
What does your hotel offer? What does your room look like?
- Free Wifi
- Air conditioning (for those hot days)
- A desk
- A safe (just in case you need to lock something up while your gone)
Activities/ Site to See: What will you do on your dream vacation? (You can add more than 3 activities)
Activity 1: Walk the Berlin Wall
Description: Walking along the Berlin Wall. One of Berlin's most compelling tourist attractions barely exists anymore. But the remains of the Berlin Wall continue to draw in thousands of tourists annually to the city.
Cost: Free/ there's no cost
Activity 2: Enjoying a film at dusk
Description: The Friedrichshain Open Air Cinema, which often show original language versions of films in English. Showings prove so popular that it's advised to arrive early for the best seats (desk chairs). Evening shows usually run from sunset into the dark
Activity 3: See the sites by bike
Description: Central Berlin is well supplied with bike-rental outlets, and the city has a welcoming cycle culture, complete with cycle lanes and cyclist signs at the traffic lights.
Problems and Solutions: While traveling a problem may occur, think about those problems and how you would solve them.
It's always good to know some of the current language in the country you're going to so learn some of the basics and maybe get a translate app on your phone (make sure it's a good one too). Once you do that then if you lose something or need to find a restaurant or other place then you can ask someone for help.
Optional: About the traveler. Who are you? Have you ever traveled?
My family and I went to Quito, Ecuador to visit our old neighbors.
I like to play many sports including soccer, softball, and volleyball.
Sometimes I just like sitting cracking open a book and reading.
- The hair perm
- The light bulb: Heinrich Gobel actually invented the light bulb over 25 years before Thomas Edison. But Heinrich for got to apply for a patent.
- American picnic Items
- Everything Disney does: From Grimm's fairy tales, CInderella, Rapunzel, Sleeping beauty, and Snow White, Disney movies and theme parks have relied heavily on German influence. Entertainment would be pretty dull if it wasn’t for Disney stealing from the Germans.
- Here comes the Bride song
- Prefabricated houses/Trailer homes: Warner Sell invented the trailer home. After WWll the U.S.forces needed an occupying area. Sell’s company manufactured over 5000 prefabricated houses, and the soldiers lived it up in high style!
- Gummi Bears
- Easter egg Hunts
- The Easter Bunny
- Christmas Tree
- Advent Calenders
- Gingerbread houses
- Nutcracker story and figuring
- Ring binder
- Chicken fried Steak