Muskego Lakes Family Newsletter
February 6, 2020
Important Dates Ahead
2/7 - MHS Summer School Registration Begins (Attention 8th Graders)
2/7 - Teen Center (Grades 5-7) 7:00 - 9:00pm at Bay Lane Middle School
2/13 - 8th Grade Celebration Planning Meeting 7:00pm - ML Library
2/14 - MHS Summer School Registration Closes (Attention 8th Graders)
2/27 - Spring Parent-Teacher Conferences 4:00pm - 8:00pm
2/28 - Professional Development Day - No students in attendance
3/23 - 3/27 - Spring Break - - No students in attendance
Spring Parent Teacher Conferences - Sign Up
Dear Muskego Lakes Families,
Spring Parent/Teacher Conferences at MLMS are on Thursday, February 27th from 4-8pm. We communicated with both Bay Lane Elementary and MHS to ensure there were not foreseeable conflicts on this date.
We ask that you please bring your student to conferences, because our students play an important role in their success.
At fall conferences, the goal is to meet as many families as possible in order to build strong partnerships on behalf of students. However, the purpose of spring conferences is to connect with families whose students would benefit from an additional conference. These are students who we want to make sure are on track to have a successful semester ahead.
Based on parent feedback, we are continuing with schoolwide scheduled conferences through Sign Up Genius, where you can reserve a time slot with any teachers you wish to meet with.
Please plan to arrive early so you are on time for your conferences. As you can imagine, if one family arrives late, it can throw the entire schedule off for multiple teachers. So, in order to honor the time of all families, if you do arrive late, our teachers will still need to end your conference at the scheduled time. In addition, please note if you are scheduling conferences for multiple students, consider leaving a 10 minute block in between to allow yourself time to move to a different part of the building.
If the allotted time for conferences won’t meet your needs or if you are unable to attend on the 27th, please reach out to your child’s teacher to request a meeting at an alternative time.
In order to best meet your needs at the conference and to maximize your time with each teacher, please take the time to indicate what your desired outcome of the conference would be. There will be a place on the conference sign-up that states, “What would you like to discuss during the conference?” This information will be confidential and only seen by teachers.
We HIGHLY recommend using a computer (rather than a tablet or smartphone) to sign up for a conference as the format is much more user-friendly.). If you do not have access to a device, feel free to stop in at MLMS and we can help you get signed up. If you need to delete your sign-up, follow the instructions located at the top of the sign-up page.
Please click this LINK for a helpful diagram of how to use Sign Up Genius. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to the Muskego Lakes principals.
All of the sign-up links are located below.
In addition, our Student Services staff are available on the 27th. Feel free to stop in so see them at any time.
Ms. Rydzewski & Mr. Krupar
Muskego Lakes Principals
5th Grade Conference Sign-Ups
Important information to know:
- Sign up according to your child's team of teachers.
- Conferences will be 10 minutes in length.
- Conferences will be with both core teachers.
- If you are unable to find a time or would prefer a phone conference or email update, please reach out to your child’s homeroom teacher.
6th Grade Conference Sign-Ups
Conferencing as a team
- Team Ohana: Bloczynski / Vandeville / Lowe (Guest Teacher for Witkowiak)
- Team ROCK: Kloc/Roman
- Team Wonder: Staniszewski/Schaller/Harrison
7th Grade Conference Sign-Ups
- Conferencing individually. Please sign up with individual teachers you'd like to meet with.
- Teachers included in this sign up are: Klumb, Pasch, Tome, Tschudy, Ruditys, Xiong (Wied), and Bernhardt
8th Grade Conference Sign-Ups
- Letters were sent to families if teachers are requesting specific conferences.
- Anyone is welcome to sign up if they’d like a conference.
Learning Strategists/Special Education Conference Sign-Ups
- 5th Grade- Judy White (conferencing with Mazola/Scanlan team)
- 6th Grade- Nicole Lowe (conferencing with the Vandeville/Bloczynski team)
- 7th Grade- Megan Bernhardt (sign up located on Grade 7 Sign Up)
- 8th Grade- Rachel Wagner (sign up located on Grade 8 Sign Up)
- Intellectual Disability/Developmental Delay Learning Strategist - Jenny Waltz (sign up below)
- Speech and Language - Beth Brown (sign up below)
Parent-Teacher Conferences: Babysitting Available for Your Children & the Children of ML Families
Quarter 2 Report Cards
Stuff the Staff
MHS Summer School
Registration for summer school opens Friday, February 7th and closes Friday, February 14th. Please review this LINK for more information.
8th Grade Celebration Committee Meeting
Next PTO Meeting - Featuring Officer Lange
- Many students have their own cell phones and other electronic devices. While they do provide convenience in our busy lives, they could pose serious problems with our kids social and emotional wellbeing. How do we as parents stay "ahead of our kids" in this digital world? How do we stay informed about the countless apps kids use to be sure they're safe? Join School Resource Officer Dylan Lange on Tuesday, Feb 18 at 6:30 in the Muskego Lakes Library to discuss this important topic. If you have specific questions that you would like addressed please email Officer Lange at email@example.com.
- Join us at the next PTO meeting on Tuesday, Feb 18 at 6:30pm in the library.
PTO Open Positions - Visit this LINK for more details
- Do you have some spare time to help make copies, laminate, etc? The staff greatly appreciates the help of volunteers like you! Sign up HERE for dates/times that work into your busy schedule.
- Do you have some spare time to volunteer at the Muskego Lakes PBIS store? The store is open every other Friday during lunch. Students visit the store to redeem red tickets they earned for positive behavior around school. Sign up HERE for dates/times that would fit into your schedule!
- We have a fabulous staff here at Muskego Lakes and PTO has a tradition of providing weekly Midweek Munchies to say thank you for being so amazing and leading our kids to be the best versions of themselves. Click here to sign up to bring in treats for staff.
Reporting a Concern
Important Dates Ahead
Important dates for the coming weeks and months are all located on the Muskego Lakes website.
The calendar and events are found on the main page. Look under "Upcoming Events".