Academy of St. Benedict the African
November 27, 2022
Week of November 27, 2022
The video above has highlights of this week's bulletin.
I hope that you and your family enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving. We have 3 1/2 weeks of learning before our Christmas break. Students should be in school every day unless they are sick - that is the state law. Attendance does affect school performance.
We begin Advent today. In our preparation for Christmas and the celebration of Jesus' birthday, the children will design service projects to help others. Additionally, we will be working on daily acts of kindness so that each of us can grow closer to God.
Mondays: Chess Club - Grades 3-8
Tuesdays: Fight Like a Girl - Grades 4-8 girls only - full
Tuesdays: STEM Science - Grades 5 & 6
Tuesdays: Basketball - Grades 5-8 $40 a player/physicals needed.
Wednesdays: Dance - extended day students only
Our basketball teams have their first games this week. Our 5/6 team will play at 6:20 on Thursday, and our 7/8 team will play at 7:30. All games are at St. Sabina. There is a fee to attend.
There are two days this month that there will be no after-school extended day - December 13th and December 21st. Please plan accordingly. Additionally, extended day closes at 6 pm daily. Late fees will be charged for anyone picking up late. Please be courteous to our staff and be on time. If late, a call to the school should be made. Dial the main number and enter 101 once the voicemail message starts to play.
The Christmas Program is December 21st at 9 AM in our gym. This is the last day of school before Christmas. There is no after-school care on the 21st.
Please review your family's FACTS account or call the business office (x102 or X103) for clarity.
Featured Families: Would you like to be a St. Benedict the African Featured Friday Family? Complete this form! We love spotlighting our families and will even offer 1 PAW for participating!
Please continue to be courteous and kind at drop-off and pick-up. A few extra minutes won't hurt, and our children's safety is at stake.
All scholars enter the school at door 1. For extended-day families, pick-up is from door 2 after 3:30.
Thank you for choosing the Academy of St. Benedict the African for your family. Let's make this a great week of learning!
773-776-3316, enter 101 at the voicemail message if needed.
This is required, not suggested. Those failing to follow the stated uniform will be given the proper items to wear.
Please help us build our community by having your child/ren wear the proper clothing daily.
- Navy blue slacks, skort, or jumper
- Light blue polo shirt with the school logo or name
- gym shoes with white, black, or blue socks or tights - no leggings
- School hoodie, gym sweatshirt, or plain (no brand logos) navy blue sweater
Gym or Dance day:
- Gym uniform
- Light blue school t-shirt with either logo or tiger
- Black sweatpants with the school logo (plain black (no brand logos showing) sweatpants will work)
- School hoodie or gym sweatshirt
Only plain navy sweaters, school hoodies, or school gym sweatshirts may be worn during the day over the polo.
The gym uniform must be purchased at Martinellis 3517 W. 95th, Evergreen Park.
The school has the polo ($15) and the school hoodie ($20 cash/$23 card). We have a limited supply of extra Kind shirts available for $5. Cash only, please, for those shirts. Please label all hoodies and sweatshirts.
Also, the children will be asked to remove their jewelry if wearing any. It's a distraction, against our dress code, and creates safety concerns. All boys should remove their earrings before coming to school. Our dress code regarding jewelry and nail polish aligns with all other Catholic Schools in our council.
In choosing our school, you agree to follow the uniform policy.
The calendar is always accessible on our website and our mobile app.
2022-2023 School Calendar
Tuition Payments & Action for Children
It's essential that payments are made as scheduled so that the school can meet its obligations.
Please contact me or Ms. Fernandez, our business manager, if you have concerns.
School & Office Hours
Arrival for breakfast 7:15 AM - 7:35 AM
Classes Begin: 7:45 AM (Children not in their seats at 7:45 are marked tardy)
School Ends at 2:45 on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. 2:00 PM on Wednesdays
Extended Day: 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM - to reach extended day, call the school and enter 101 at the recording. The late pickup fee is $ 3 per minute per child. Please don't be late.
Office Hours - Every Day - 6:30 - 3:30 and by appointment
UPCOMING IMPORTANT DATES!
- November 30th - Kind Shirt Day
- December 2nd - Spirit Day - -Wear Spirit wear with Jeans or Joggers and gym shoes.
- December 12th - Kind Shirt Day
- December 13th - NO EXTENDED DAY, no clubs- ALL Staff Meeting
- December 16th - Spirit Day - -Wear Spirit wear with Jeans or Joggers and gym shoes.
- December 21st - Christmas Program- 9 AM Last day of school before Christmas break. NO after-school extended day.
- December 22nd - January 3rd - Christmas Break
- January 4th - All return to school
- January 6th - Spirit Day - Wear your Spirit wear with Jeans or Joggers and gym shoes.
- January 12th - Big Shoulders Fund Tax Credit Application Day - 7:30 AM Sharp Details coming.
- January 13th - Kind Shirt Day
- January 16th - Dr. King's Birthday - no school
- January 18th - Empower Illinois Application Reservation Day 6:30 PM for 7:00 PM submission. More details are coming.
- January 20th - Spirit Day - Wear your Spirit wear with Jeans or Joggers and gym shoes.