Fabulous Fourth Grade
Week of November 17th
- Make sure your child is registered for Boosterthon and raising money for our class.
- Boosterthon Fun Run is Friday at 9:30.
- Science Fair topic is due Friday.
- Thursday is the Math Benchmark, so make sure your child gets a good night sleep and a good breakfast.
- Next Monday is Enrichment Day. A permission slip to watch the movie Frozen and a list of items our classroom needs for Enrichment Day was sent home.
This week we are moving to Multiplication. We will learn many different strategies to solve multiplication problems. This week we are focusing on 1 digit times 3 and 4 digit numbers. We will look at partial products, where we break the number into expanded form and then multiply. We will also learn the traditional form of multiplication. Students have to show mastery over more than one strategy.
Thanks for coming to our Math Day!
This week we are learning about forces on an object such as gravity and friction. Then we will learn about properties of soil. We do a lab focused on which soils retain water.