HHS Media Center Newsletter
Your quarterly update to all things media
MackinVia (AKA...our gateway to research)
What does this mean for you as a teacher?
Are you doing an assignment where students need to use peer-reviewed journal sources? Come see me; we can make sure the databases you need are up and connected. Are you doing a project where you want students to only use a certain number of specific sources (including websites and videos)? Come see me; we can create a group for you in MackinVia where all those sources are together in one place. Are you wanting to do a research-based lesson of some sort and just don't know where to start? Come see me; I love all things research!
In other words...come see me! I want to help make your job easier and make our students better purveyors of information. Plus...I get lonely sometimes!
When can students visit the media center?
Student can't log-in?
1. Make sure the caps lock isn't on; our passwords are case sensitive. If this doesn't work...
2. Restart the computer completely; often the log-in memory is full from other students and needs to be cleared. Restarting the computer does this. Read this for a more tech savvy explanation of this from HIVE Help. If this doesn't work...
3. Enter the log-in information for them. Sometimes, they don't know that they don't know. If this doesn't work...
4. If it says the student is locked out, send them to me. I can unlock them. If I'm not available, call Jennifer Brazil at Technology.
Here is a helpful link to Jonah's article about log-in errors from HIVE Help.
Computers aren't charged?
1. Make sure students are plugging them in at the end of each class.
2. Make sure the power button is turned on for the CART.
3. Submit a work request to HDOT on HIVE Help (sometimes the cords are unplugged in the back of the cart).
Computer isn't connected to the internet (network)?
See the handy infographic below.
FInd more cart tips and tricks here on HIVE Help.