Third Grade News
Room 11 on the Move
Thank you for a beautiful birthday
Spelling Bee Tuesday
Ice Pop Sales this week
Oklahoma State Test Prep
Volunteer Test Proctors Needed
Greetings Monroe Families! It is that time again... testing time! I am beginning the process of looking for Test Monitors. It is not a hard job and does not have to be a big time commitment at all! All you have to do is attend test monitor training and pick which days you would like to be a monitor.
Tests Monitor Slots (can pick one or more!):
- Monday, April 2nd 8:00-10:00
- Tuesday, April 3rd 8:00-10:00
- Wednesday, April 4th 8:00-11:00**
- Thursday, April 5th 8:00-11:00**
- Friday, April 6th 8:00-11:00
- Tuesday, April 10th 8:00-11:00**
- Wednesday, April 11th 8:00-11:00**
- Thursday, April 12th 8:00-10:00
- Thursday, April 12th 12:30-2:30
**We need significantly more volunteers on these days. All times are approximate because it is not a timed test-- will likely be much shorter!
Test Monitor Training is offered at the following days and times (you only have to attend one). Your children arewelcome to attend. It should not take longer than 30 minutes.
- Monday, March 26th at 8:00
- Tuesday, March 27th at 3:00
- Thursday, March 29th at 12:30
If you would like to volunteer your time or have any questions at all, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call at the school 366-5927. Thank you so much for all you do for your students and our school!
With gratitude, Sarah Kirk
Tests this week
The Academic Rundown
- In reading, we'll enjoy a couple of versions of the folktale Stone Soup.
- In ELA, we'll be working on contractions and adverbs
- In math, we'll study 3-D shapes and order of operations.
- In social studies, we'll continue our guided inquiry into Native Americans, cowboys, and outlaws and the impact each of them had on our state.
Our Week at a Glance
Monday -- visit the book fairTuesday -- 9:45 Spelling Bee
Wednesday -- those who bring money revisit the book fair
Thursday -- multiplication quiz; student-led conferences 5-8 p.m.
Friday -- no school; parent-teacher conferences by appointment from 8:00-12:00