5 Things Happening at Gulf Coast
Week of January 15-19
Have a wonderful long weekend!
1. Midterm Make-up Schedule- If students need to make-up any of their midterm exams there will be three opportunities this upcoming week. Students will be able to report to the cafeteria at 8:00 am on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday 1/17-1/19 to take their exam(s). Students should plan to check in with their period 2 teacher and then report to the cafeteria based on the class period of the midterm they need to complete.
Wednesday- Make-up Exams for periods 1 and 2
Thursday- Make-up Exams for periods 3 and 4
Friday- Make-up Exams for periods 5, 6, (or any exams that have not been completed)
*Period 7 make-up exam can be any day 1/17-1/19
2. New Schedules for Semester 2- ALL students will report to their semester 1 first period teacher to receive their new schedule on Wednesday, January 17. Students that do not have a period 1 class, please check FOCUS to determine any schedule changes and/or contact your guidance counselor.
3. On Friday, January 19 there will be a pep rally schedule in place as well as semester 2 class meetings by period.
Period 2- Grade 9
Period 3- Grade 10
Period 4- Grade 12
Period 5- Grade 11
*Students report their class for attendance and the teacher will escort the class to the auditorium at the appropriate time.
4. Proud to be a Shark-
· Shrek the Musical had an amazing opening night on Thursday! As always, the audience was so impressed! Kudos to all the hard work that goes into creating this experience. There are 3 more shows- Tonight at 7:00 pm and tomorrow at 1:00 pm and 7:00 pm.
· Mrs. Soulard shares some outstanding news about the Gulf Coast Speech and Debate Team!
All four teams won their rounds at the competition last Saturday. Both novice teams won. Both varsity teams won. We are undefeated after 2 competitions😊 Please congratulate the following students:
· Once a shark, always a shark! I am so fortunate to have had the opportunity to be a part of the amazing Gulf Coast faculty, staff, and school community. I look forward to continuing building relationships and working with families/students that are future sharks! I will begin my new adventure at Oakridge Middle School on Tuesday, January 16. I cannot thank this school community enough! ~Nichole Spencer
5. Important Dates:
1/15-MLK Day- No School
1/16-Teacher Planning Day- No School for students
1/18- Senior Picture during period 4
1/18- 2024-2025 Parental Choice Application Opens at 9:00 am
1/19- Pep Rally Schedule and Class meetings in the Auditorium
1/22- SAC Meeting in the media center-5:30 pm
1/22- Virtual Financial Aid Night (www.collierschools.com/fafsa)
1/24- Early Release Day
1/27- STEAM EXPO at Aubrey Rogers High School Click here for more information and to register for the event 2024 STEAM EXPO
1/30-ESE EXPO- Immokalee High School, 6:00-7:30 pm …GCH will host the
EXPO in February (more information will be provided later)
1/31- Resiliency Module 4 (during period 4)- Special Schedule is below.
Shrek the Musical Opening Night
Pep Rally Schedule- Friday, January 19
Marvelous Math Students Impressing Ms. Lonergan
Fill the library with love...
Come by the media center and share your positive notes
Resiliency Module 4- Wednesday, January 31
CCPS Events 2.0
13th Annual CCPS STEAM Expo Aubrey Rogers High School STEAM Expo - Exploring Underwater Watch for more details. Keynote: ANDY CASAGRANDE is an Emmy Award-winning cinematographer best known for his extraordinary work in capturing stunning footage of sharks and other marine creatures, often involving close-up encounters.
Please follow our Sharks Athletic Booster Club on Social Media:
Facebook: Sharks Athletic Booster Club
School Board Policies 2266, 3362, and 5517 – Prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and/or gender identity), disability, or age in the provision of educational opportunities or employment opportunities and benefits. The District School Board does not discriminate on the basis of sex or disability in the education programs and activities that it operates, pursuant to the requirements of Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972.
For additional information or to report Title IX or any other discrimination/harassment concerns, contact Ms. Valerie Wenrich, Chief Human Resources Officer/ Title IX Coordinator, at (239) 377-0351, email@example.com or at 5775 Osceola Trail, Naples, Florida 34109.
Las políticas de la Junta Directiva Escolar 2266, 3362, y 5517 – prohíben la discriminación o el acoso basado en la raza, color, religión, país de origen, sexo (incluyendo la orientación sexual y/o la identidad de género), discapacidad o edad en cuanto a la provisión de oportunidades educativas o de empleo y beneficios. Conforme los requisitos del Título IX de las Enmiendas Educativas de 1972, la Junta Directiva del Distrito Escolar no discrimina por motivos de sexo o discapacidad en los programas y actividades educativas que opera.
Para más información o para reportar sobre asuntos del Título IX o cualquier otra inquietud sobre discriminación o acoso, comuníquese con la señora Valerie Wenrich, Primer Oficial de Recursos Humanos/Coordinadora del Título IX, al número (239) 377-0351, firstname.lastname@example.org o a la dirección 5775 Osceola Trail, Naples, Florida 34109.
Règleman Konsèy Administrasyon Lekòl la 2266, 3362, ak 5517 – anpeche diskriminasyon oswa asèlman akoz ras, koulè, relijyon, orijin nasyonal, sèks (ki enkli oryantasyon seksyèl ak/oubyen idantite sèks yon moun), andikap, oubyen laj yon moun nan sa ki konsène opòtinite edikasyonèl oswa opòtinite travay ak benefis. Konsèy Administrasyon Lekòl la pa fè diskriminasyon sou baz sèks oswa pwoblèm andikap nan pwogram edikasyon ansanm avèk aktivite ke li opere, an rapò avèk ekzijans Tit IX nan Amandman Edikasyon 1972 la.
Pou plis enfòmasyon oubyen pou rapòte Tit IX oswa nenpòt sa ki konsène ou apwopo diskriminasyon/asèlman, kontakte Ms. Valerie Wenrich, Ofisye an Chèf Resous Imèn/ Koòdinatris Tit IX, nan (239) 377-0351, email@example.com oubyen nan 5775 Osceola Trail, Naples, Florida 34109.