Holland Middle School
Faculty meeting notes 3/13
For those working at home we wanted to provide a summary of our faculty meeting that was held at 8:30:
• Meeting began to the music of Bob Marley – “Don’t Worry About A Thing”
• Rich spoke about how during these unprecedented times this is an excellent opportunity to field test online/distance learning and the should not be shocked at how well our kids will perform.
• Matt McCarthy is apparently the new king of the castle and is available to support teacher preparations for distance learning
• It is important to realize the district has not officially closed school on Monday, today is a day of PLANNING FOR THAT POSSIBILITY.
• First thing you need to do is fill out the Mode of Instruction Survey
• This survey will create a central repository to inform students and parents of the location of respective teachers distance learning opportunities. (Canvas, Google classroom, school wire, etc.)
• It needs to be completed by 12PM today!
• DO NOT SEND ANY COMMUNICATION HOME YET. The district will provide initial communication to community if we move to distance learning modules.
• Please refer to attached SECONDARY DISTANCE LEARNING PREPARATION PDF for planning expectations
• Clarification of introducing new content....... do no use apps or tech that the students have not been exposed to yet. Additionally, baby steps.....don't bite off more than you can chew.
· Work with PLC’s to plan and share workload
· Utilize other PLC’s to brainstorm ideas
· Please consider Special Education students and/or students with no tech at home
· Guidelines for assessment have not been provided, keep in mind students cannot be held accountable for work not submitted.
This provides and overview of most topics covered. Please do not hesitate to reach if you have any further questions or need clarification.
Stay safe and hope to see you soon.