Welcome, Class of 2025!
Freshman Academy, 2021-2022
TWO MORE WEEKS TO GO...and then we will enjoy a 2-week holiday break!
6 weeks until the end of Semester 1--you got this!
Parents and Guardians: There are 6 weeks remaining in the first semester until grades are final and on your student's transcript. If your student is behind or getting a D or an F in his or her class:
1. Contact the teacher via email.
2. Check your student's grades on PowerSchool weekly.
3. Encourage your student to go to tutoring and get help from his or her teacher.
4. Talk with Mr. Stewart, the 9th grade grade counselor. firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are here to support you! Get ON TRACK. STAY ON TRACK. #rattlersclassof2025
The 4 Mindsets Tied to Academic Performance
#1--My ability and competence grow with my effort.
#2--This work has value for me.
#3--I belong in this Academic Community.
NEED TUTORING? HELP WRITING AN ESSAY? HELP STUDYING FOR A TEST?
PEER TUTORING! (See picture above.)
Want to work with a peer? 20 students who are in 11th and 12th grade have volunteered their time to tutor 9th graders in English, Spanish, Math, and Biology. We will offer this tutoring in the collab room, ROOM 1011, at lunch, and after school from 330-430! Walk ins are welcome or you can sign up to ensure a spot! The end of the next grading period is 11/19! Slither on over and get your tutoring or homework or study help! ALL SUBJECTS.
To sign up for tutoring, click here.
SCHOOL WIDE TUTORING SCHEDULE with CHHS TEACHERS:
Click here! Get to tutoring when you feel you need more learning, OR when your grades fall below Cs. YES. YOU. CAN.
What is an "Academy"?
FRESHMAN ACADEMY HANDBOOK. Here's the electronic version of it!
- Welcome rally in the first few weeks of school!
- Learn about and create a 4-year plan to guide your high school journey!
- Begin your journey in one of our many career-themed academy programs with a cohort of students with similar interests!
- Recognition program for staying ON TRACK! (Think: Food, CHHS Swag, Prizes)
- Teams of teachers working together to support you.
- Upperclassmen support--these students gave up a week in their summer to learn how to support you!
- After school tutoring! "Scholar hour."
- You get your own Vice Principal!
- You get your own Counselor!
- You get your own Dean of Students!
- PASS (Plan for Achieving Students Success) Meetings to help get you back on track.
- Classrooms in the new building (after 10/1)! (It's amazing and brand new and it's almost ready for you.)
Class of 2025 Vice Principal, Counselor, and Dean of Students
You have a great team this year who can't wait to welcome you!
Ms. Elizabeth Ward is your Vice Principal. Contact her at email@example.com.
Mr. Nick Stewart is your Counselor. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mr. Joe Schmidt is your Dean Of Students. He can be reached at email@example.com.
We cannot wait to meet each and every one of you! Get rattled up!
9th grade Academy Teachers
English: Kate Amos, Rachel Brandel, Brittany Parrish, Devon Bakaly, Helene Manning
Biology: Shannon Templeton, James Ross, Joe Galm, Madelyn Galm
Math: Kendra Gardner, Erin Sullivan, Victoria Rodriguez
Foreign Language (Spanish or ASL): Theresa Garnier, Sally Holbrook, Jon Cofinas, Gonzalo Ruiz
PE: Samantha Ferrari
Other CHHS people to know...
- Dr. Erica Renfree: CHHS Principal; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transportation: Contact Georgina Palacio; email@example.com
- Nicholas Willis: Class of 2023 and 2024 Vice Principal; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ashley Martin: School Nurse; email@example.com
- Sandy Westwood: Attendance Clerk; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jonn Pisapia: Athletic Director; email@example.com
- Margarita Perez-Ibarra: Head Counselor; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Susan Skinner: 504 Coordinator; email@example.com
- Caroline Jackson: Special Education Dept. Chair/IEPs; firstname.lastname@example.org
- STARS Program Counselor: Jessica Deitchman; email@example.com
- ALL THINGS MILITARY--We have our own Military Family Life Counselor: Audrey Teshima; firstname.lastname@example.org
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
2. What time does school end? 330 every day.
3. What if I need to pick my son or daughter up early? Contact Sandy Westwood (above).
4. Are masks required outdoors? YES.
5. I need to arrange a parent meeting with my student's teachers. Who do I contact? Contact the teacher first, and then Nick Stewart, Class of 2025 Counselor.
6. Do teachers accept late work? Great question! Check out our Schoolwide Grading Policy--all CHHS Staff follows this.
How do I contact my FRESHMAN's teacher?
- Every teacher has an email that he/she checks frequently. Feel free to email the teacher with questions or concerns. The teacher will respond within 24-48 hours.
- Access the CHHS Staff Directory here.
- Many teachers also utilize other ways to communicate with parents through classroom Google Classroom Canvas, and/or Remind. Your student's teacher will let you know the best way to communicate with them so that you get a timely response.
- If you have tried again and again with no response, feel free to contact Ms. Ward at email@example.com. (Vice Principal for the Class of 2025)
New classroom in the 1000 building!
Lounge at Lunch!
Students are loving this new lounge area in the new building!
JV Field Hockey!
Great picture from their win at La Costa Canyon High!