We're All Back!!
I hope that you are hanging in there with this terrible air quality. The kids have been kept in all week and doing recess in the gym, but we are hoping to see improvement in the air soon so that they can be back outside on the field and the big toys. Today, we welcomed back our final group of kiddos...the 7th and 8th graders (the mighty 12)! It has been wonderful having all of the kids back in the classroom and learning. So far, the COVID case counts have been good and we are currently at 55/100,000, which is good for us to be back (it has to be under 75/100,000 for elementary).
Things are going well and the teachers are working hard to assess the students, especially with the interruption in their academic schedule beginning last March. Our goal is to meet them where they are and help propel them forward to meet or exceed the standards for their grade level this year. While we know that we may end up back in remote learning in the next couple of months, our goal is to work on the assessments, the short and long-term plans, and building those important relationships so that a move to remote learning will be as seamless as possible.
We will, once again, have mass after school this week. It will be held at 3:15 pm (after pick up) in the church. All are welcome. The 7th graders will be hosting the mass, along with Fr. Michael.
Now that we are back in session, our communication should become more streamlined. In a typical week, you should be receiving:
- A Smore (or other newsletter) from each child's teacher on Monday or Tuesday of each week.
- A Hawk Happenings Smore from the office, which will contain school-wide items, not class specific ones. This will go out on Wednesdays.
If you are not receiving something on Monday or Tuesday from your child's teacher, please contact the teacher or Ms. Nina. We need to make sure you are set up on all mailing lists.
Have a wonderful week! Don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything.
Welcome Back 7th and 8th Graders!
The Students...Hard at Work and Play!
- Sergio and Carrie Hernandez (Annual Fund Assistance)
- Crystal Perryman (Help with temperature checks and cleaning)
- Jakeline Lemus (for starting work on classroom murals)
- Juan de la Cruz (for Costco donations of water and cleaning supplies)
- The Altar Society of St. Martin of Tours (for providing a staff lunch)
- Rhonda Kristoff (for yummy baked goodies)
- Lisa Blackmore (for the beautiful photos of students and staff)
We couldn't do it without you. Thank you for your help!