Cheltenham Elementary School
DOLPHIN TIMES- May 2-6
3rd grade Musical Performance "The American Dream"
Students performed awesome musical numbers under the direction of Mrs. Michelle Przybylowski, while the rest of us learned about famous individuals that made an impact on our country's early history. We would like to thank Mrs. Przybylowski, Mr. Shapiro, and the 3rd grade teachers and staff that assisted with this performance. We would also like to congratulate the 3rd grade students who participated in the performance.
CES students participate in Township Arbour Day Celebration
Members of the Cheltenham Elementary student council in grades 2 and 4 participated in the Annual Cheltenham Arbour Day Celebration. CES students read poems and sang a song entitled "Tree Huggers," by a local group Two of a Kind. Cheltenham Elementary students along with Myers Elementary students also assisted in planting a new tree to Coventry Park. We would like to thank Mrs. Jacob and Mrs. Tobar, for assisting in the event.
Mr. Jim Custer, Director of Transportation, talks to students about bus safety.
Family Art Night Highlights
Book Fair- Coming Soon!
Cheltenham Elementary School will be hosting the annual Book Fair beginning on Monday, May 9 and continuing through Friday, May 13, 2016. The Book Fair is sponsored by the PTO and gives children the opportunity to purchase new, current, colorful, and enjoyable books! Here are some important things to remember:
· The prices range from approximately $4.95 to $8.95 for quality paperbacks, to approximately $25.00 for hardcover/gift books. Because of changes in the tax laws we must now charge tax for any items that are purchased at the Fair.
· If your child/children will not be purchasing anything, they will have the opportunity to browse and create a wish list of book titles that you might want to use for holiday or birthday gifts.
· If we run out of a title, special orders will be taken and the books will be delivered to your child’s classroom as soon as they arrive (usually within a few days.) These special orders must be paid for in advance.
· The Book Fair will also be open during a special evening shopping event taking place on Friday, May 13th from 4-6pm in the library.
· You are also able to shop at the Book Fair online. The books that you purchase online will count towards our final sales and will be delivered after the Fair ends on May 13, 2016. The website to shop our Book Fair is:
· Each class is scheduled to shop for approximately thirty minutes. If you would like to shop with your child, please sign up to come to the library during their scheduled shopping time (see back for more information.)
Remember, books purchased from the fair help the library to obtain new books for everyone to enjoy. We were able to order almost $4,000 in NEW books using the funds from the Book Fair we held in the fall!
If you have any questions, please email Stephanie Jacob at email@example.com. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and support!
Kindergarten Registration dates for the 2016-17 school year
2016-2017 School Year Kindergarten Registration & Readiness Screening
Cheltenham School District 2016-17 School Year Kindergarten registration and screening will take place at our elementary buildings according to the following schedule:
Monday-Friday, May 2-6, 2016, 9-11 am and 1-3 pm, at Cheltenham Elementary
7853 Front Street, Cheltenham PA 19012
Monday-Friday, May 9-13, 2016, 9-11 am and 1-3 pm, at Glenside Elementary
400 Harrison Avenue, Glenside, PA 19038
Monday-Friday, May 16-20, 2016, 9-11 am and 1-3 pm, at Myers Elementary
7609 Montgomery Avenue, Elkins Park, PA 19027
Monday-Friday, May 23-27, 2016, 9-11 am and 1-3 pm, at Wyncote Elementary
333 Rices Mill Road, Wyncote, PA 19095
Please call 215-881-6312 to leave a message for a registration appointment.
For further details and information regarding registration requirements and to download a registration packet, visit www.cheltenham.org (Student Registration).