February 2021 Newsletter
A Message from the Principal
Imagine-Chancellor students and staff have kicked off 2021 with a positive attitude and growth mindset. Throughout the first month of the year students have demonstrated optimism, prudence, and perseverance across campus and through distance learning. Everyone has returned from Winter Break with enthusiasm and focus. We want to continue this positivity to keep students engaged and gaining the necessary academic and social-emotional skills for continued success.
Parents are encouraged to engage in meaningful conversations at home with their child(ren) regarding their academic goals and understanding of the weekly character strengths highlighted through the Positivity Project. Our goal is for all students and staff to promote positivity in action, so please participate in our Kindness Spirit Week.
I greatly appreciate your dedication and support to ensure we remain Imagine-Chancellor STRONG! One School. One Vision. One Family. Looking forward to continued success throughout this school year!
With great appreciation,
Great Appreciation for our Outstanding PTSA
If you have not joined this great group, it is highly encouraged. They have many exciting events planned for the rest of the year to foster school spirit throughout the community and raise money to support our school.
Positivity Project Character Strengths for February
Positivity Project will continue on our campus with a focus on Positivity in Action and the Other People Mindset. Below are the character strengths we will be focusing on each week during the month of February.
Integrity- Week of February 1st-5th
Love- Week of February 8th-12th
Humility- Week of February 15th-19th
Cheering Others' Successes- Week of February 22nd-26th
A new resource Positivity Project is offering this year is P2 for Families!
This is an easy way for families to discuss the importance of character strengths and positive relationships. It is differentiated for various grade levels and includes 1 quote, 1 video and 3 questions to drive conversations around character at home.
School Lottery for 21-22 School Year
Invest in Imagine
Invest in Imagine! This is the easiest possible fundraiser for your families and businesses to take part in! It is simply a donation to our school. All donations welcome!
Daily Arrival Procedures
Strict arrival measures have been put into place to ensure the health and safety of all students and staff. Therefore, all parents and students must adhere to the following arrival protocols:
- Students who are enrolled in before care will be able to enter the campus daily from 7:15-8:30 am off of High Ridge Road. Parents will receive special car tags to identify as before care students.
- All other students will not be permitted to enter campus prior to 8:30 am.
- Parents who are not enrolled in before care will enter the campus off of Miner Rd following traffic down Imagine Way. Gates will be open to all students at 8:30 am each morning.
- All students will have their temperature taken by a staff member in the car before they will be permitted on campus. Any student who presents a fever over 100.4 will not be permitted on campus that day. Parents may pull over and wait for a time period to recheck at their discretion.
- All students will use hand sanitizer prior to entering the building
- Please ensure your students are ready to exit the car with their masks on and backpacks ready to expedite the arrival car line.
· Staggered dismissal times will remain the same:
K-2- 3:30 pm
3rd-4th- 3:45 pm
5th-8th- 4:00 pm
- ALL K-2 students will be dismissed from the SOUTH SIDE of the school at their dismissal time
- 3rd- 8th grade students WITH SIBLINGS will be dismissed from the SOUTH SIDE of the school at their dismissal time
- 3rd- 8th grade students WITHOUT SIBLINGS will be dismissed from the NORTH SIDE of the school at their dismissal time
To ensure student safety, please refrain from using your cell phone in the car pickup line
- All students will remain in their classroom during dismissal
- PikMyKid will be utilized as our dismissal program
- Parents must check-in using the PikMyKid app or provide the designated staff member the assigned dismissal number for their child(ren). Please place your PikmyKid dismissal tag on your dashboard for staff to easily see.
- Gates will be open to all students at dismissal times. Dismissal traffic will flow down Imagine Way (back road off of Miner Rd.)
- South side dismissal in right lane and NORTH side dismissal in left lane
- Students will be sent down to a designated area with social distancing measures in place to be placed in their car.
- If you have multiple children in different grade levels, please come at the oldest child’s release time to pick up all of your children
- Please do not come earlier than your child’s assigned dismissal time. Parents that have children in grades 3-8 that come early will be asked to go around and come back at their assigned time.
All visitors will be restricted to the front office lobby only. Upon arriving, they must wear a mask, sanitize their hands, and practice social distancing measures. The capacity of the front lobby is limited to 4 people.
InUnison will remain our school uniform vendor for this school year. All of the shirt colors will remain the same as well as the shorts/pants colors. If you wish to order online for this year, the link to the uniform website is below.
Raise Money for our School through Amazon Smile
Introducing a simple way for you to help raise money for Imagine Chancellor PTSA by doing what you already do every day! Rather than shopping at Amazon.com, simply shop AmazonSmile.
When you shop AmazonSmile, nothing changes for you. You will find the exact same products, pricing, and membership benefits. The only difference is that .5% of eligible purchases are donated back to our school. AmazonSmile is available at smile.amazon.com on your web browser and can be activated in the Amazon Shopping app for iOS and Android phones. You will be asked to select a charitable organization to support. Enter Imagine Schools Chancellor Campus PTA.
ON YOUR COMPUTER:
Step 1: Go to smile.amazon.com
Step 2: Follow the website prompts to create your AmazonSmile account. (Note: If you already have an Amazon account, enter your login credentials when prompted for your username and password.)
Step 3: You will be asked to select a charitable organization to support. Enter Imagine Schools Chancellor Campus PTA.
Step 4: Follow the online prompts to complete your setup.
Step 5: Create a bookmark for smile.amazon.com to ensure a percentage of your next purchase goes to Imagine Chancellor PTA.
ON YOUR MOBILE OR TABLET:
Step 1: If you are not already an AmazonSmile member, sign up on your web browser. Simply select your favorite charity to start generating donations, at no cost to you. If you are, skip to Step 3
Step 2: Get the app. Download or update to the latest version of the Amazon Shopping app on your phone. You can find it in the App Store for iOS or Google Play for Android.
Step 3: Turn on AmazonSmile Open the app and find ’Settings’ in the main menu. Tap on ‘AmazonSmile’ and follow the on-screen instructions to turn on AmazonSmile on your phone.