Weekly Wildcat News for Families
Week of 8-9-2021
Off to a great start....
Visit our website for information.
Meet our Office Staff
Please call if you need anything.
Nurse - Christy DeBusk
Secretary - Connie Walsh
Principal - Kelly Ford
Computers, Care, and Canvas
Remember that students are responsible for treating these items with care. In grades k-2, we keep the computers at school. In the event, we were to be switched to virtual learning we would send home the computers for that period. Students in grades 3-5, are allowed to take home computers each night.
Reminders for all:
Carry computers with two hands and do not carry them by the lid.
Keep all food and drink away from computer.
Restart your computer often.
Charge your computers when you are finished for the day.
Use your computer bag and remember to return to school each day.
Charge your computer each night.
Keep charger in computer bag just in case.
All teachers and students in grades k-5 will be using Canvas this year. Canvas is a Learning Management System and will be our platform for classroom assignments. If your child was a virtual student last year, then he/she is already familiar. Teachers will need a few weeks to get all students familiar and ready to use but we will use this tool often throughout the week. Our goal is to always be prepared in the event of distance learning implementation.
Computer Insurance: Insurance is available for $30 to cover any damages. This insurance is optional but much cheaper than paying to replace the entire computer. Checks can be made payable to EastView Elementary and please note the child's name and write computer insurance in the message.
What to do if you have any computer issues??
What do I do if I am having technology problems?
If students are having a problem with their computers (if the display is broken, you can skip step 1 and 2. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org on that student’s behalf), have them do the following:
- If that doesn’t fix the issue and the computer is connected to the wireless network, have them double click on the Launchpad icon on their desktop or the Launchpad link on the GMS website, and then have them click on the IT/Maintenance folder. Then have them click on “Help Live Chat”. They will need to type in their first and last name, but an email is not required. They will be connected to one of our system IT staff members, and they can get help in a timely manner.
- If the wait time is too long for Live Chat, have them send an email to email@example.com to open a support ticket. A staff member will get to it as soon as possible.
- If their computer will not connect to the wireless network, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org on their behalf.
Drop off/Pick Up
- Door open each morning at 7:15 am
- Students are dismissed from gym by 8:05 am
- Students are tardy at 8:15 am and all doors are locked. After 8:15 am, you must park and sign in your child at the front office.
- Dismissal car lines open at 2:30 for the front and 2:40 for the back. Prek pick up at 2:30 in the back.
- Dismissal begins at approximately 3:05 to help with traffic.
- Make sure your child knows where to go at dismissal (Front, Back, Bus room, ESP, YMCA, or gym to wait to go to the Rec Center)
- Please have car tags displayed for us to read at dismissal.
- Back only - If you are going to use the gravel lot, this needs to be a consistent daily practice because we sort the students accordingly at dismissal. Please tell your child if you are using the gravel lot instead of the normal path. Only students in grades 2-5.
Lunch and Breakfast
Breakfast served 7:30-8:00
Lunch Schedules (Below is the start time for each grade level; homerooms stagger each 5 min)
2nd grade 10:45 am
3rd grade 11:00 am
PreK 11:30 am
First grade 11:35 am
Fourth Grade 11:50 am
CDC 12:05 pm
Kindergarten 12:15 pm (snack at 10:30 am)
Fifth grade 12:35 pm
Reminder: If your student receives free or reduced lunch, you must renew your application each year in order to continue your P-EBT benefits.