Clean Drinkable Water
finding fresh water on a tropical island
Finding Fresh Water
To find already existing fresh water you should travel inland. You are most likely to find waterfalls, rivers, and streams. Still pools of water can contain pathogens that can make you sick if you drink it. There are chemicals that purify water like iodine or chlorine. Most diseases from none disinfected water occur within a week.
Making Fresh water
Fresh water can be made from a solar still when there is no rainfall and no fresh water.
- You can find a container like a can and a clear plastic sheet on the beach or in your belongings.
- Dig a hole in the sand near the tree line.
- Put your can in the middle of the hole and put fresh wet leaves round the can not covering the can on the top.
- Place the plastic sheet over the hole and sucure it with rocks.
- Place a small rock in the middle of the plastic sheet over the can.
- Condesation will appear and run down the plastic and drip into the can.