LJM Cub Connection
Elementary Art Department
Inclement Weather Procedure
In the event of school closing or an emergency, below is a list of radio/TV stations that will be notified regarding a change of schedule. In addition, Red Lion residents may visit the district web-page, www.rlasd.net, for current information. Our “Skylert” notification system will also be in effect during the school year. Please be sure to keep phone numbers and e-mails active with the school office.
WGAL – TV 8 WMPT-FOX 43 WHTM-TV 27
* WRVV-FM (97.3)
* BOB-FM (94.9)
* WHP-AM (580)
* KISS-FM (99.3)
* CW-TV 15
* WSBA-AM (910)
* WARM-FM (103.3)
* WSOX-FM (96.1)
* WKZF-FM (92.7)
* WTPA-FM (92.1)
* WCAT-FM (102.3)
* WQLV-FM (98.9)
Only the four stations in bold listed above will be contacted by RLASD. The stations listed below the bold stations, indicated with an *, are associated and use the same automated systems. These * stations link and will copy the bold stations’ announcements.
Reminder to interested parents: Return permission slips for the school professional dental cleaning, completed by the RL school dental hygienist. See your school nurse, if a form is needed. If your child has been to the dentist, please return the Family Dental Report form to the school nurse.
Timing is everything
A diet that promotes good oral health is not just about the foods you eat or avoid — when and how you eat them is equally important.
· Foods that take a long time to chew or that you hold in your mouth (such as cough drops) can damage teeth as they retain sugar in the mouth longer than do other foods.
· Instead of snacking on sugary, carbohydrate-rich or acidic foods throughout the day, eat these foods just during meal times in order to minimize the amount of time teeth are exposed to acid. In addition, the body produces more saliva to help digest larger meals, which washes away more food and helps neutralize harmful acids before they can attack teeth.
· Remember to brush and floss before bedtime to remove all the food particles….but also brush before you come to school.
LJM Birthday Books
Celebrate your child’s birthday and help our Library!
• Instead of a birthday treat – donate a book to the library for $10!!
• You can send in a check (made payable to “LJM Activity Fund” or send cash in an envelope to Mrs. Crawford or Mrs. Riddle in the main office.
• Your child will choose a book from a selection provided.
• Mr. Jordan will personally present the book to your child.
• A bookplate with your child’s name will be placed in the book.
• Your child will be the first person to check out the book from the library. The classroom teacher may read a portion of the book to his/her class.
• The book will be displayed in our LJM school library and be available to all LJM students for checkout.
What a great way to celebrate your child’s birthday while helping our LJM Library collection grow!
December Students of the Month
After School Activities
RL Parent Dashboard
RL Parent Dashboard includes the following:
- Skyward Family Access Login
- How to Use Skyward
- Student Absences (submitting online excuses and educational trip form)
- Meal Menus
- How to Update Skylert Notifications
- Bulletin Board
- Student Handbooks
- 2-hour Delay Procedures
- Early Dismissal
- Food Services
- Cyber Academy
- School Safety Tip Line
- Transportation Information
- Swim Program
- Facility Use Request
- Social Media
- Nursing & Heath Services
Please click the following link: https://sites.google.com/rlasd.net/rlparentdashboard/home
Calendar of Events
1/9- Elementary work out day
1/14 - PTO Meeting 6:30 pm LGI
1/16- School Board Meeting 7:00 pm @ Ed Center
1/17 - End of Second Marking Period
1/20- No School!
1/21- No School!