Friday Flash NM!
SkillsUSA NM Updates 12/4/15
Automotive San Juan College Invitational
Terrific job, SJC!
Membership Hotline 844-875-4557
State Leadership and Skills Championships!
Plan to attend the 50th Celebration SLSC!Our dates are set for April 6-9th in Albuquerque!
Registration is $75/person
More details will be on the website as they are ready!
Advisor access to CRC & Jump into STEM! Pin Code
SkillsUSA professional members have been enjoying their unique benefits by logging into the Career Readiness Curriculum and exploring the 29 turnkey lesson plans. They’re also using the new program Jump into STEM! with their students. However, if professional members do not place their email address into their membership details record, or if they enter an incorrect email address, they will not receive a PIN code to access these programs.
In a few simple steps, advisors can update their membership record with their email address and receive their personal identification number. To update an email address in two minutes or less:
- Log in to the Membership and Conference Registration Site here: www.www.skillsusa-register.org/Login.aspx
- Click the Membership icon (or use the Membership à Add/Edit Members menu)
- Locate the Training Program (for example, Carpentry or Cosmetology) your Professional Membership was joined under, then click the Members link for that row:
- Find your name in the list of Members, then click the “Edit” link for that row. Since you have probably already submitted your membership to join this year, you’ll see a warning message like this, warning that you cannot change the member’s name, but you can change or enter an email address.
- Type in your valid email address in the Email field at the top right, then click Save.
- Now navigate to the CRC and Jump into STEM! Login page here: www.skillsusa-register.org/crc/crcLogin.aspx
- Enter that same email address on this login page, then click the Email My PIN button.
- Wait a few moments, then check your email (be sure to check the junk mail folder, too). Your PIN code to access the CRC and Jump into STEM! content should have arrived.
Something still not working?
Two common things could still prevent you from getting the PIN:
· If your training program has not actually joined yet, then you are not an official SkillsUSA Professional Member yet this year, and your PIN will not be sent. Check the Membership area to make sure your members have all been submitted — if not, you’ll get the email immediately when you do.
· Your spam filters could be blocking the automated email, which should come from email@example.com. Be sure to check your junk mail folder in your email client, and try adding this email address to your list of “trusted senders.”
Lowe’s Grants Updates....
Lowe’s continues a seventh year of generosity with another round of SkillsUSA grants in 2016. Grant information and the application are now available on the SkillsUSA website at: www.skillsusa.org/membership-resources/grants/lowes/. The guidelines and focus of the grant program are changed slightly from years past. The deadline for grant applications is Dec. 20 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Late applications will not be accepted. Please review the grant guidelines to be sure that applications are properly completed and submitted.