FAC Alumni Connection
2021 - Volume 1
Hello, FAC Alums!
Vee Popat - FAC Director
Websites, FAC Partners, Social Media
- The FAC Website - www.fineartscenter.net. Here you will find the latest news from the FAC, including student and alumni accolades, Weekly Updates that are emailed to our families each Friday, details on our programs, and much more.
- The new FAC Partners Website - http://www.facpartners.org. Did you know that we have a 501c3 non-profit that serves to support our students? Learn more about this critically important organization by visiting their website.
- FAC Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/fac_greenville. Want to see what is going on in our studios? Interested in what our students and faculty are doing? Follow us on Instagram! Send us a message letting us know that you are an Alumnus/Alumna, and we will follow you back.
We Need Your Help!
- Communications - assistance with refining our website to improve alumni engagement, using social media to engage alumni, and more.
- Event Planning - reunions, annual meet-ups...how can we reconnect our graduates?
- Fundraising - do you have experience with raising funds? We need your expertise to help build our organizational capacity.
Please email Vee Popat, FAC Director at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Giving to the FAC
- Scholarships - The Partners provide over $10,000 in financial support to FAC students who are accepted into arts summer intensive programs. Last year, we were able to help our students attend programs such as the Julliard Summer Dance Intensive, Atlantic Music Festival, International City School of Ballet, Joffrey Ballet South, Arts Bridge Dramatic Acting Workshop, and more.
- Guest Artists - The Partners regularly fund faculty requests for artist visitations and residencies. Last year, $5,000 was given towards this endeavor, and we are aiming to increase the amount to $15,000 for this school year!
- Wish List Purchases - The Partners purchased over $27,000 of equipment for our students off of the FAC Wish List. This list included instruments for our Jazz and Winds Studios, keyboards for the Voice Studio, hardware and software for the Recording Arts Studio, and various items for our Visual Arts Studios.
Fine Arts Center - Greenville County Schools
Preparing dedicated students for 21st-century careers through rigorous, pre-professional arts training in a dynamic, inclusive, collaborative learning community.