Barranca Elementary | Home of the Broncos
Striving for Personal & Academic Excellence!
Hello Barranca Family,
Last week was so much fun! We had our Readathon Bounce Party and planted 5 new trees on campus. Our next Accelerated Reader incentive is on 5/23. The In-N-Out truck will be on campus serving up lunches for every student who meets their AR points goal. The month of May will be very busy with end of the year district-wide assessments and state testing for grades 3-5. Daily attendance is critical to ensure your child does not miss important instruction and end of the year testing.
Important Dates & Info
1. Minimum Day every Tuesday, dismissal at 12:10pm for all grades
2. PE on Friday 4/29
3. PRIDE Rally on Friday, 4/29
4. Covina Fun Run, free for all C-VUSD students. Students will receive Saturday School credit. Register HERE.
5. Parent Academy on Social-Emotional Learning & Parenting, 5/3 at 6pm (virtual)
6. Teacher Appreciation Week, 5/2-6
7. No School on May 30 in honor of Memorial Day
Save the Date!
May 9-20 State Testing for all students Grades 3-5, District-wide assessments for all students Grades K-5
May 9 Grade 5 Panoramic Picture
May 16-20 Book Fair BOGO
May 20 PTA Family Dance
May 23 In-N-Out Truck for AR (must meet points goal)
May 24 Music Concert for Gr4-5, 10:45am
May 26 Young Author's Show, 4pm
June 1 End of the Year Awards Assembly (Grades K-5), 8:15-10:15am
June 1 Kindergarten Celebration (K only), 10:30am
June 6 Summer School starts
Tuesday - Thursday, 5/31-6/2 are minimum days. All grades dismiss at 12:10pm.
Our SEL theme for April is Cooperation. Use THIS LINK to access resources to use at home.
The last school holiday is Monday, May 30th. We have school every day through June 2nd, except 5/30. Every day counts!