FCR Elementary School
MID-YEAR NEWSLETTER - February 2021
Ride the Wave
- "Ride the Wave" - students were greeted back to school on September 14 & 15 with a surfing theme! Foresters "Ride the Wave" Together, because Together, we are Better!
- We celebrated Halloween with a Pumpkin Patch, each student was able to choose a pumpkin to take home thanks to the Zembrzycki Family Farm!
- We also dressed up for Halloween and took photos by class in the Elementary School Foyer! A beautiful backdrop for the photos was created by Senior, Henry Nebzydoski with assistance from John Stackhouse.
- Implementation of i-Ready - i-Ready is an online program for reading and mathematics for our students in grades 3-6. The platform helps your child's teacher(s) determine your child's needs, personalize their learning, and monitor progress throughout the school year. All students in grades 3-6 should be completing i-Ready each and everyday.
- Implementation of Waterford Early Literacy and Early Mathematics in grades PK-2 - Waterford is an online platform that provides students with self-paced, on-level, supplements to learning. Students in grades PK-2 should be completing Waterford each and everyday on their iPads!
- Implementation of "Second Step" Social-Emotional Learning Curriculum for all students PK-6.
- Hybrid and virtual schedules have been created, modified, and followed by our students, employees, and families.
- VLN students have been able to engage in related arts course virtually since September!
- Morning announcements are shared with all students regardless of their instructional model, helping to keep all Foresters connected!
- Families were able to attend our "Virtual Back to School Night" which was very successful along with our first ever "Virtual Parent-Teacher Conferences" using a new online sign-up, which worked wonderfully!
- Since last March, the District has provided over 150,000 meals to our students! This amazing feat would not have been possible without the work of the FCR Food Service Department, Maintenance Department, Administrative Assistants, and the Administrative Team, GREAT JOB to all who have assisted with meal distributions!
1. 100th Day of School Celebration (February 16, Day B and February 17, Day A) - Students and employees are encouraged to dress as if they were 100 years old or dress to represent the number 100 (100 beads on a necklace, 100 noodles on a t-shirt, etc.!) Help us celebrate 100 days of learning by participating in this fun event!
2. Mighty Forester Day for February - those students who have exhibited Ready, Respectful, and Responsible behaviors for the the month of February will be able to play in the snow on either February 25 or 26! Dress for the weather so that you can play!
3. PBIS Facemask Fundraiser - FCRES PBIS will be selling facemasks to help sustain our program. Please consider clicking the link below to help us continue to have Mighty Forester Days, Trading Post merchandise, Attendance All-Star Awards, and all of the other wonderful activities brought to you by FCRES PBIS!
4. Attendance All-Stars - Remember that we will be monitoring student attendance and entering those who improve their attendance and those who attend regularly into regular drawings for great gift cards!
ATTENDANCE MATTERS! Click here to learn more about our Attendance All-Star Awards!
Outstanding Foresters of the Month
These Foresters are enjoying EXTRA RECESS for being named Outstanding Foresters of the Month!
Elementary School Employees wrote messages of thankfulness to one another, the feathers were then anonymously shared with the individuals they were written about.
Second graders enjoying Halloween!
Outstanding Foresters of the Month
MIGHTY FORESTER DAYS AND MORE
500 pumpkins looking for homes with our Foresters!
More students celebrating Halloween!
Kindergarten Students Working Hard
Our teachers are working hard to provide students with engaging learning opportunities while following safety guidelines!